[WinPC Resolved] right button + macro

30 minutes ago, einherz said:

wow, searchbar is back, but right button+wheel macros stay won't, is work in 4.4x so sure is bug from 4.9

after some play with extensions is start work, but stop again:(

I've just set right click + wheel up/down to zoom in and out, it works fine M4.9.2.300

My usual setting is for switching tabs, which also works fine.

On 11/3/2016 05:09:51, einherz said:

wow, searchbar is back, but right button+wheel macros stay won't, is work in 4.4x so sure is bug from 4.9

moved to support

sigmax2.png

cool, thank you

Changelog of Mx V4.9.2.400 [  [ 2016-03-18]

+Add save page as mht
+Add global mute button
+Add support .win url

-Bug fixes:

Right click address bar and chose "Paste and go" is invalid 
After leaving the search result page. The keyword is still in search box
The keyword won't stay in search box if use drag or right click to search
Some sites display Maxthon is outdate
Not directly select a font and click OK, once again select the font settings window does not pop up
Click any link from a saved page,the five-point star will show yellow
The multisearch panel doesn't disappear in some cases
Delete userdata will cause the process "Mxcrashreport" won't close.
After installing a skin, the browser will show a blank window after install a skin
Shut down magic fill and refresh the page, the magic fill will disappear
The sock5 proxy doesn't support account verification
Mouse gesture fail

good news devs work on it, but no luck for my system, right mouse + scroll no work for me in x400

• 2 weeks later...

Works here on the same version.

First test to see if that combo works by testing a different option like zoom in/out. If it works change it back and see if that helps.

If it's still not working, test on a clean portable version. Let us know what happens.

You should also go through the troubleshooting guide and see if anything there helps out.

On 2016/3/11 at 0:09 PM, einherz said:

Hi, einherz~ you can set features you want in setting - mouse gesture, as shown in the screenshot.

ensure it's enabled and set up it.

I tried them in v4.9.2.500. It works good.

QQ截图2016032915013zffd7.png

QQ截图20160329150107.png

i know yet is work for other people, but not for me, in 4.4.8 stay work, so i stay with it, i even try use clean portable version, restart pc for be sure 4.4.8 no lock gesture hook, no luck

any way thank you for response

p.s. think i use pretty standard mouse "comfort mouse 4500", and i even try disable software (ms keyboard&mouse)

p.p.s. x600 stay no luck

hi, first what i do it open clean version, right click and use scrol, then go settings set zoom to this macro, then delite 4.9. and back to the 4.4, with hope it will fixed in next version, so now i even do not drop data from 4.4, just first start> test> del

6 hours ago, einherz said:

x1000rc, same:(

You can post this with every release, but seeing as no one can duplicate the same issue, until you do some testing yourself I don't think you'll get a resolution here.

Check as noted in my post above. If you think it's mouse related, try testing with a different mouse. Test in safe mode. Try on a different PC. 

If it's working in 4.4 then it could be something that 4.9 doesn't like which is interfering with the mouse somehow. I also use MS mouse/keyboard centre but with no issues, so i wouldn't say it's necessarily related to that. But without testing on your system it's almost impossible to find the issue unless others also have the problem.

if other have not this problem, so what reason test it somewhere? my mouse work everywere, and i like her:) btw, i just write from new flat, and have not other pc and other mouse, and think will not upgrade about 1.5-2 years, i just want to devs know what problem stay exist, i feel good with maxthon 4.4 + rarely chrome, just would be cool up to date maxthon, i think problem could be with maxthon 4.4, wich have some hook in register, even if this portable version, and even after restart pc, and i think probably is bad realiz of this extension, what have some conflict with chromium, but not with webkit/safari, in new maxton after i click right mouse and move whel is scrolling and drow scroll way, and do nothing with settings, default(change tabs) or mine zoom in/out

must be i will not post it any more, till it will work for me, when it will i just will must say about it, ok

have a nice day

p.s. if maxthon will friendly with chrom extension is not need this gestures, i use in chrome(portable) mouse gesture, smooth gestures  0.17.14, may be is conflict, and chrome leave something in system for this, but i do not think so, just incertanly probably

Chrome extensions being installed in Chrome have nothing to do with anything on Maxthon. There are no registry settings added when using portable.

If you extract a clean portable version of Maxthon and the same is happening, then there's more than likely something about the mouse or software that is causing a conflict. That's why testing with another mouse or other PC is a good idea. You can say without doubt that the problem is/isn't that.

I'm not saying that Maxthon isn't the problem, but when no one else can duplicate the issue there's not much others can do apart from offer guesses and tests to isolate the cause. You need to do the testing to try and find the problem.

Test in Windows Safe Mode.

And are you using a passport? And when testing with portable are you signing in to your account. If so, don't and see if the problem still occurs.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, no i do not use any clouds exclude chrome, long time, so no, i do not use maxthon accaunt, only clean portable version, or portable version copied in the dir with portable 4.4.8, with same behavior, not work split(f10), i do not use it, only my cat couple a years ago used split, that was fun:), and trouble with gestures, and no, i did not try it in safe mod, but i can give screen of my process

Box8eDo.jpg

below only maxthons process and aviras shell

ah, and now when i press right button then scroll i do not see gestures way, so some progress, but when i scroll with press right button is just scrolling, whatever settings in gestures is, after realize right button i can see standart thing - page menu

i stay sure, maxthon 4.4.8 even portable have something in the system, what conflict with 4.9, and no more people with this problem is only people what use forum and must be not so much people use this part of gestures, and even if other people have same problem, use this forum, and use this part of gestures, they just more humble than me

1 hour ago, einherz said:

only clean portable version, or portable version copied in the dir with portable 4.4.8, with same behavior, not work split(f10), i i did not try it in safe mod, but i can give screen of my process

Split screen isn't available in 4.9. It's not a fault.

Sounds like you're extracting 4.9 over a 4.4 install? That's not going to help. If you want to transfer data between versions, extract the latest version into a new folder, and copy over ONLY the userdata folder from the previous version.

1 hour ago, einherz said:

and no, i did not try it in safe mod, but i can give screen of my process

Had this been done when asked the issue more than likely would have been fixed at least 2weeks ago. Or more info provided about this "extension" which i'm now realising is probably the "AlwaysMouseWheel_x64.exe" program as shown in the screenshot.

On 10/4/2016 7:39:00, 7twenty said:

then there's more than likely something about the mouse or software that is causing a conflict.

This should have been a trigger that anything mouse related should be disabled when checking.

So I tested with this program... and it broke the mouse wheel gestures, Disabled the AlwaysMouseWheel_x64 program and amazingly it works as expected.

So there's your cause. As to a fix, either don't use the program, change the settings if possible to see if it helps, find another program or stick with MX 4.4.

Apologies if the above sounds a bit blunt, bit it's a problem that could have been fixed long ago if only just a little more info was provided.

oh, cool, you found, what i had to guess:) i just forgot about it

about move to 4.4.8 folder, i overwrite everything so, but now i will do what you say, only user data, but it would be cool if no will conflict with that utilite, i'll try x86 version

thank you!

p.s. x86 had conflict too, but it's ok

have one question, how better port cookies to new version, old time i was more accurate and did not had cookies, now i have much, and tis is some problem

7 hours ago, einherz said:

have one question, how better port cookies to new version, old time i was more accurate and did not had cookies, now i have much, and tis is some problem

A little confused with that sentence. Not sure if you want to keep cookies or not?

All cookies will be imported when you copy over the userdata folder. If you don't want them just delete the data in the cookies folder. 

in my case all cookies was lost, so i just recover passwords for all sites, that was fast, and do not take much time, may be cookies moved with data, but all sites was unlogined, i mean all of them, what use google accaunt or their own login/password

15 hours ago, einherz said:

in my case all cookies was lost,

Not sure how you managed to do that? I've never had an issue with importing cookies from older versions that i can recall.

If you still have a backup (which you should) you can try copying over the cookies folder into the new version again.

doesn't problems till 4.9, all data was moved ok, but with 4.9 no logined in sites, after move from 4.8, befor i just overwrite by new version, this time did what you say,  move userdata folder, no way, in any way i recover all so no problem

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

Hi, einherz~ Did you try I said "in setting - mouse gesture, as shown in the screenshot."?

Can you set it? After you set, how it works well?

Problem was determined in this post, and workarounds given.

The problem wasn't Maxthon.

Archived