4.9 Update Bummed

BGFun

2 hours ago, BGFun said:

Lost everyone of my homepage favorites. All my links and passwords are gone..Thanks for nothing. This has happened every time I have updated Maxthon.

Do you use an account? If not you are deleting the guest account by doing a clean install.

I guess I don't what you mean by "account" seems to me an update should bring in whatever is in the previous version without wiping out everything. There should be an "update" and an "install". I don't see anywhere in the software to create an "account.

15 hours ago, BGFun said:

I guess I don't what you mean by "account"

http://my.maxthon.com/login.html

If you are, then all your settings should get imported when you sign in. If not, then your settings will only be in the userdata folder on your system. If this is lost somehow then you will lose your settings.

An update or reinstall of Maxthon should not lose any settings unless you explicitly choose to remove all userdata by uninstalling Maxthon and checking this option.

2 hours ago, BGFun said:

Not find ing the service to import settings to my account

If you haven't signed up for it before you lost your data then it won't be there.

2 hours ago, BGFun said:

"Connect Error, no data found maybe you have no active this svc yet" is the message I get

Which is what this message sounds like you're trying to do.

As above, if you had a passport then logging in should restore it. If not, then you can have a look for your data in the Maxthon3 folder in C:\Users\[YOUR_ACCOUNT]\AppData\Roaming

When and how does my data get loaded? What I want is all my links and passwords on my home page to be backed up. I am not talking about favorite links, I am talking about The Favorites that have to be manually added in the center of the page under "Your Favorites" tab. Maxthon does not retain these sites and passwords when updating. Another flaw that should be corrected.

• 1 month later...

there's a server issue again...:(

On 19/3/2016 17:03:39, BGFun said:

When and how does my data get loaded? What I want is all my links and passwords on my home page to be backed up. I am not talking about favorite links, I am talking about The Favorites that have to be manually added in the center of the page under "Your Favorites" tab. Maxthon does not retain these sites and passwords when updating. Another flaw that should be corrected.

4 hours ago, Millionsix said:

Same thing just happened to me for the seventieth time.  I have not logged out and have a passport account.  Sync does nothing.

sigmax2.png

On 2016/3/15 下午9:30:39, BGFun said:

I don't see anywhere in the software to create an "account.

Hi, BG Fun. Welcome to you join in the Maxthon bug family~

for create a maxthon account, please follow the below steps:

open Maxthon browser, you can see a smile face icon on the left top - click it - click "sign up for free" - then you can create a private maxthon account.

you can save your favorites skynote and so on in your Maxthon account and syn them.

QQ截图20160503101329.png

QQ截图2ftuk0160429161253.png

QQ截图20160503101142.png

Archived