Trident layout broken - 4.9.2.300 beta release

11 hours ago, PHYR said:

The purpose of dual rendering engines is to address issues that arise on older sites. If those issues didn't exist there would be no purpose of having dual rendering engines.

If your suggesting a single core browser be able to do both, for some reason, neither MS nor Google consider that feasible.

Besides, in this case anyway, it isn't a browser issue but an OS one.

No, not suggesting a single core browser.  I'm suggesting  that when Maxthon, in standard rendering mode, is using the IE 11 core, it should display pages just like  IE 11 does - and is doing as I write this.  IE 11 with its Trident doesn't have any broken layout, but Maxthon with the same engine does.  That is what I see needs perfecting/fixing.

Edit: Now I'm logged in with Mx 4.9.2.400 and I am in standard rendering mode - witness

StandardrendeirngOption-MaxthonSnap20160

and when I switch to Retro while remaining in the Forum Editor I get this a witness to the "verticalization" of the layout by Retro mode

StandardrenderingMxBrokenMaxthonSnap2016

In fact in the broken layout, I was unable to use the editor, so I had to switch back to Ultra mode to write this edit.

So that leaves us with a possibility that Mx's standard rendering option is broken and it's always using its own version of Trident or it's not handling Trident 7.0's rendering correctly.

I don't know what is wrong, but something is, at least for Mx4.9 in Win7x64

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

Edit: Now I'm logged in with Mx 4.9.2.400 and I am in standard rendering mode - witness

What's the UA when using Retro? If it includes "compatible" then it's in compat mode, not normal which is why it's showing wrong.

13 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

StandardrendeirngOption-MaxthonSnap20160

You closed and opened maxthon ?

I tried it with maxthon 4.9.2.400 (win 10 64bits)

56eb27571cb8e_Sintitulo20160317224355.th -----------------------------------------------> 56eb27555e6dc_Sintitulo20160317224643.th

56eb27564a84a_Sintitulo20160317224413.th -------> Close and open maxthon   -----> 56eb27540264b_Sintitulo20160317224816.th

Un Saludo

11 hours ago, 7twenty said:

What's the UA when using Retro? If it includes "compatible" then it's in compat mode, not normal which is why it's showing wrong.

That was a  problem.  The UA in Retro mode had "compatible," in the UA.  I removed it and came back to the forum, but it was still broken.  So I changed UA to the IE 11 one built into Mx 4.9.2.400.  The forum is still broken.

Switch to Ultra using the IE 11 UA, the forum wasn't broken in layout, but I couldn't bring up the editor.

So now I've disabled the custom UA and the editor works.ummary

Summary: I wasn't in standard mode even though the standard mode option was checked.  It was overrideen by the UA.  But eliminating ccompatible mode doesn't fix anything with the broken layout.  The IE 11 UA comes closest to a fix, not close enough.

<<SL>>

4 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

Summary: I wasn't in standard mode even though the standard mode option was checked.  It was overrideen by the UA.  But eliminating ccompatible mode doesn't fix anything with the broken layout.  The IE 11 UA comes closest to a fix, not close enough.

The custom UA doesn't work or affect anything in Retro. The UA in Retro is determined by the Trident bits that MX uses. In compat mode it uses the "compatible" tag, in standard it uses the normal IE UA.

The request asking about the UA was solely to determine what mode your Retro was running in. Based on what you said it was running in compat, not standard. And in all my testing the only reason why it's not in the correct mode based on the checkbox is if Maxthon isn't restarted after changing the option.

I checked the reply box on the forum using the IE11 UA (Ultra).. and it doesn't work as you pointed out. But that has nothing to do with Retro.

Despite it being noted at least 3 times already, have you been restarting Maxthon after resetting the standard rendering option?

To reiterate about setting standard rendering mode correctly:

Enable/disable the checkbox for standard rendering.
Close Maxthon.
Restart Maxthon.
Check the forum/UA to double check whether it's working as intended.

Go back to my long post on page one for all the details.

The biggest issue here is that there isn't a notice in settings stating that a restart is required. Although I think there used to be one?

Thanks, 7twenty, I did not know ab. out the restart, so my testing has many holes in it.

I agree that this option needs a reminder to restart for the option to take effect.  

And we need to remember to poiint this out for GPU setting too, which I know hsd this kind of alert message in earlier 4.x.x.x versions.

<<SL>>

2 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Thanks, 7twenty, I did not know ab. out the restart, so my testing has many holes in it.

I agree that this option needs a reminder to restart for the option to take effect.  

And we need to remember to poiint this out for GPU setting too, which I know hsd this kind of alert message in earlier 4.x.x.x versions.

<<SL>>

If you bothered to read all the posts you would have seen this days ago

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19221-trident-layout-broken-492300-beta-release/&do=findComment&comment=99458

17 hours ago, PHYR said:

Oh I do read all the posts with occassional exceptions when I recognize spamming.  I read everything else, then flush the rest with some confidence that the messages and authors will be dealt with.

For whatever reeason Ody's message didn't register ... maybe some distraction.

But I know it now; better late than never.

<<SL>>

Archived