Facebook Issues

.I am running Win 8.1 Pro with the latest Version of Maxthon Cloud Browser. I am a computer repair tech and know when something is software or hardware related. The following, I believe to be a Maxthon issue.

1) I am having a lot of issues with Facebook videos. The videos will sometimes play completely through, or they will play then stop or they will only display the loading symbol. If I reboot Maxthon the videos will play for a short time then start acting up again. Opening IE Explorer to Facebook and there is no issue.

2) Scrolling is also sporadic using the up and down arrows on the left side will sometimes act normally and other times I have to use the scroll bar and sometimes nothing works until I reboot Maxthon.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I have used Maxthon for many years and even suggest that my customers install Maxthon. Something has happened with the software and I hope it can be addressed before I just go back to IE.

3 hours ago, BGFun said:

.I am running Win 8.1 Pro with the latest Version of Maxthon Cloud Browser. I am a computer repair tech and know when something is software or hardware related. The following, I believe to be a Maxthon issue.

1) I am having a lot of issues with Facebook videos. The videos will sometimes play completely through, or they will play then stop or they will only display the loading symbol. If I reboot Maxthon the videos will play for a short time then start acting up again. Opening IE Explorer to Facebook and there is no issue.

2) Scrolling is also sporadic using the up and down arrows on the left side will sometimes act normally and other times I have to use the scroll bar and sometimes nothing works until I reboot Maxthon.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I have used Maxthon for many years and even suggest that my customers install Maxthon. Something has happened with the software and I hope it can be addressed before I just go back to IE.

Yes, I have had the same problems with the 4.9.x.x. branch which is why I don't use Maxthon anymore.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

It is good to know other people are having the same issues. I hope someone from Maxthon will address this complaint. I have tried many option in Maxthon setting but nothing works. Changing smooth scroll, retro, ultra, gpu enabled combinations of all or none of these, nothing works. I don't know if this a flash problem or a buffering issue and I really have no idea about the scrolling issue. I do know these two problems are very irritating.

Hi guys,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please tell us the version of Maxthon you are using?

1.Any link to the specific video you encountered the problem on?

2.For the scroll issue, On which page did you find scroll sporadic ?

Please give us specific details. It will help us to easily identify the issue and proceed with finding an adequate solution.

Thanks for your support!

3 hours ago, BGFun said:

Videos on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.chengeeban/videos/102751918394/ this is a video that stated and stopped. I have version 4.4.8.2000. This happens on random videos. This one stopped and I was able to restart it. Other videos stop and will not play unless I restart Maxthon.

Facebook videos stop when they are no longer in center of screen, try scrolling the page up or down slightly. I believe this is a facebook design....same is true of GIFs.

On 3/11/2016, 4:55:44, ddoe said:

I have same problem with scroll issue e.g.

https://www.stream.cz/mistri-volantu/10009406-finta-spechajicimu-ridici-nevysla-skoncil-v-semaforu (show all comments in all thread)

(Maxthon 4.9.2.300, Win 10)

I have no problem on that page, vid played through, all comments opened and I was able to scroll smoothly using 4.9.2.300, win 10

Both videos   https://www.facebook.com/groopspeak/videos/837233829737701/ and https://www.stream.cz/mistri-volantu/10009406-finta-spechajicimu-ridici-nevysla-skoncil-v-semaforu  work fine here on 4.9.2.300 and Win 10, using Unicode (UTF-8), Flash Block extension and this UA  Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Chrome/49.2623.0.87 Maxthon/4.9.2 QupZilla/1.8.9. No scrolling problems at all.

30 minutes ago, THRASHER69 said:

hey Magdalene is 4.9.2.400 a BETA version ? where did you find that download at ? all I see is 4.9.1.1000 still on their main page

It's here in the forum. None of your posts suggest you did a clean install of 4.9. If you haven't, don't even bother with it because installing over 4.4 does not give good results. 

Clean install requires that you delete personal folder when uninstalling 4.4.

4.9 still has some bugs but also addresses many 4.4 has because of it's core renderer.

hey Magdalene is 4.9.2.400 a BETA version ? where did you find that download at ? all I see is 4.9.1.1000 still on their main page

It's here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/57-maxthon-official-releases-and-betas/

Run it as a portable and copy all your favorites over as a html file. If you use Grease Monkey save your scripts as a Zip file and import them. Copy and paste this file into a  folder called MxPrint in Modules

MxPrint.dll

1 minute ago, THRASHER69 said:

I still cant find the download link in the forums for Beta 4.9.2.400,all I see outside of the forums is from 3rd party sites for the download

It's here:  http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19292-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v492400-beta-released/

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

It is good to know other people are having the same issues. I hope someone from Maxthon will address this complaint. I have tried many option in Maxthon setting but nothing works. Changing smooth scroll, retro, ultra, gpu enabled combinations of all or none of these, nothing works. I don't know if this a flash problem or a buffering issue and I really have no idea about the scrolling issue. I do know these two problems are very irritating.

I am running Dell Inspiron 15, 4 GB memory and 750, GB HD with Intel Core i3, Win 8.1 Pro. and Maxthon 4.9.1.1. When I check "About" Maxthon tells me I am up to date.

The video issues and scrolling issues only occur in Maxthon. No problems using other browsers like IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera.

I am using Opera for Facebook and keeping Maxthon for my Favorites where links and passwords are stored on my homepage.

Maxthon needs to resolve the video issue and resolve the issue of losing links and passwords upon updates.

Keeping links and passwords on the homepage used to happen when updating in the early 3.XXX versions, but started losing them in later 3.xxx versions and all 4.xxx versions.I have never uninstalled Maxthon. I have only done updates as suggested by Maxthon when needed.

I have tried creating a Passport account to restore my favorites,but keep getting an error message about not finding data. One time it found stored "Favorites" but these were only web pages I saved, not my homepage favorites with links and passwords. The next time I logged in, there were no links and still got the data error message, so I gave up.

There should not be this many issues with a browser. I like Maxthon for the Homepage Layout and Homepage Links, the ability to monitor my CPU usage, download speeds and memory usage however the video issues, the update issues and the scrolling issues are reason enough that I am now using Opera as my main browser until Maxthon can resolve these other issues.

If Maxthon will correct these problems, I will come back to using Maxthon full time. I will keep checking this thread for updates on resolving these problems.

Archived