New 4.9.1.1000 better???? Most definitely NOT.

6 hours ago, judgedredd said:

Ok. How is a user supposed to know that the 4.9 x series is a "technological development platform" (or a beta testing phase program as DaveMax points out)?

Agree with you there. If it's an auto upgrade, there should be a notification that must be agreed to that clearly states "MX4.9 is currently under development and the following features are currently not available in this version".

The release threads should also state the same (and has been discussed).

I'm all for updates and changing as required, but users should be notified of major changes like this. Especially those that use the auto update, or use the Maxthon.com website (which is still touting features from 4.4.x even though the link is to MX4.9!!).

RE: new window from context menu:

Been having a look at the options for a tab in new window and it's not looking good.

The duplicate option in the tab context menu I thought was a possibility, but it's just a mx.command, i can't see a way to turn that into a new window (it's also not even listed in the documentation?!). The new window option is promising, except there's no way that I can see to transfer the URL to the new window, as it's also an internal mx command, with no option for external variables/options.

Was thinking about maybe using an extension, but even with that you need to call a new window with the URL variable, and i'm not sure how/if you can access that variable with the new window.

Mx 4.9.1.1000 fooled me as well and I ran it for several days before I realised it wasn't the official upgrade to Mx 4.4.8.1000. It breaks pages and won't stream some TV like the general release. I now have Mx 4.4.8.2000 and everything is fine again. Mx 4.9.1.1000 is fundamentally a beta, and in reality, should be labelled as such. I've been running the portable Mx 4.9.1.1000 however, and I found it easy to customise the spellchecker and language pack (unlike 4.4.8.2000). I think it will be great, once it's out of the beta stage! :)

7 hours ago, munkitkat said:

Mx 4.9.1.1000 fooled me as well and I ran it for several days before I realised it wasn't the official upgrade to Mx 4.4.8.1000. It breaks pages and won't stream some TV like the general release. I now have Mx 4.4.8.2000 and everything is fine again. Mx 4.9.1.1000 is fundamentally a beta, and in reality, should be labelled as such. I've been running the portable Mx 4.9.1.1000 however, and I found it easy to customise the spellchecker and language pack (unlike 4.4.8.2000). I think it will be great, once it's out of the beta stage! :)

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree, Mx 4.9.1.1000 will be great when it's finally finished and not a beta.

• -ody- locked this topic

Archived