MX 4.4.8.2000 - first impressions

Dear Maxthon developers I am quite surprised :). Behind a hand held in front: I've used but the 04.04.1000 because search box was nevertheless faster. And MX Favorites Manager MX 4.4.9. slowly under construction. But why should I always nag?

Maybe it's just me, but it was already on the 448_1000 when I select text with right mouse button and paste, then only partially, he returns the text. I've tried it with other browsers, since it is working properly. Or do I copy somewhere a link, especially for WordPress, then I click on the word that I link will (without copy and paste course) but the link field he writes then the concept rather than the link forward with hhtp (s).

Just the same again, because I wanted to copy the text, which translated with Google Translate English version. With Mouse does not work, I have the keys ctrl c + p do with my mouse does not work. Because I'm traveling browser with Yandex and if I take Maxthon that always stops me.

And so Maxthon is often much improvising

But it is fast in any case. I especially love the 9 pages Quick Tabs. There are many things I love about him that no Chrome or Firefox can, above all, the tireless work of developers and today I even got an email for the new version. This has otherwise no browser this great forum.

And here's a Big Mistake: when I press the brush icon: Clear cache: browser crashes.

I am having the same problem too!!!  

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Version: 4.4.8.2000
IE: 11.103.10586.0

On Thu Mar 03 2016 06:57:13 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard, Chantao said:

And here's a Big Mistake: when I press the brush icon: Clear cache: browser crashes.

I have been using Maxthon for years never really had any problems until this last update. 

It will crash/close out of Maxthon even if I use the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Del)

I hope this bug gets addressed soon. 

Thank You. 

I have tried it on another PC and Maxthon crashed. But I can see that it's just another. Yesterday I had installed in 1000 and got an update report for 2000. I wonder how you can provide a fix that does not work. Just the cache cleaning is but very often that's got to have someone tested.

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

I have tried it on another PC and Maxthon crashed. But I can see that it's just another. Yesterday I had installed in 1000 and got an update report for 2000. I wonder how you can provide a fix that does not work. Just the cache cleaning is but very often that's got to have someone tested.

I've tried it and get no crahs.  I'm running the portable veersion of 4.4.8.2000 in English language.  I am on Win7 Enterprise x64.  

I ccleared only the cache files, no other items were checked to be cleared.  I also have a skin installed, but it doesn't touch the Clear History dialog or any other of the Tools.  Is this the same way you had the Clear History dialog set?

<<SL>>

@SnowLeopard Download and Cache only.  Now do it only with "auto clean on exit".

That it looks like when do I know as an example in the "On Demand Cookie Cleaner" of Google Chrome if you have not clicked: Open tab after cookies have been cleaned: Yes, then the browser also includes. So you have to just get used to it again, that it is done automatically when you close and not by hand (clear now). Otherwise I have personally found nothing that does not work, except that copy and paste does not work only with the mouse. You must always do with the Keys.

41 minutes ago, Chantao said:

@SnowLeopard Download and Cache only.  Now do it only with "auto clean on exit".

That it looks like when do I know as an example in the "On Demand Cookie Cleaner" of Google Chrome if you have not clicked: Open tab after cookies have been cleaned: Yes, then the browser also includes. So you have to just get used to it again, that it is done automatically when you close and not by hand (clear now). Otherwise I have personally found nothing that does not work, except that copy and paste does not work only with the mouse. You must always do with the Keys.

"that copy and paste does not work only with the mouse. " was just copied and pasted with an MS trackball in Win7 x64.  What OS are yoou running?  It might be specific to certain OS version(s) but not Win7.

I also have no problems with the Dell trackpad doing the same thing,, but again I speak only for the version of Win7 I happen to be running.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, Chantao said:

except that copy and paste does not work only with the mouse. You must always do with the Keys.

Tested here and works fine. Win10.

Is it on all sites? or just one? or somewhere else in the browser? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived