Creating skins for 4.9

MaxPower

I started using the Maxthon 4.8 browser when it was released in October and love it!  Mainly because I could create a skin to arrange everything exactly as I wanted it.  I used the documentation and software to create a MX4 mxskin file as outlined here:

But when I tried 4.9, double-clicking the mxskin file does nothing other than launch the browser and then it tries to download the mxskin file.  I've seen the video and read related posts that indicate that new skins are installed by replacing Bin\0.dat, but renaming my mxskin file to 0.dat crashes the browser.  So are there new directions on how to design and pack these 0.dat files for 4.9?  I don't see myself using the new version until I can get it skinned appropriately.

the key is 0.dat - you may need to look at 1.dat

but looking at 0.dat after unpacking it you will see familiar directories from .mxskin file or the unpacked ui.dat file - so copy files/dirs from the .mxskin file to the unpacked 0.dat file - the structure needs to be complete unlike in MX4 

to explain - in 4 to change one thing in a skin it was not required to have the whole skin in the .mxskin file - say you were only altering the tab bar then only the tabbar dir needed to be in the .mxskin file  - the rest came from ui.dat

that may be as 4.9/5 works long term but at this moment the whole skin needs to be in 0.dat - if you was around 4 in the early days its the same principal that we worked out by altering the ui.dat file

i have found that some settings whilst in 0.dat are over ridden by 1.dat which also has some skin files in it so if something does not work correctly its worth adding files/dir to 1.dat as well

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Tony pretty much explains it all very well.

If it's crashing, you might have to do it the long way and adjust one bit at a time and hopefully you'll see what part is causing it to crash and then adjust as required.. I had the same issue when trying to mod the min/max/close buttons.