BUG in history delete

rr

Version 4.9.1.100  

1:aparently deleting history is not working. I can click all the crosses I want, they dont get deleted... 
2:when upgrading from the last official release my startpage (with some history on in showing what I was browsing) is gone.. At least open that window again with the last things that were open the day before the upgrade. 

1. May i know how you are deleting your history? Is is through mx://history page  or by  ticking Clear browsing history from main menu--Clear browsing data?

Both of these methods work fine here

2. Make sure you have set to open last session on start up ( Maxthon settings--General--Open on startup)

I open my history and click on a calendar date on the left. Then I get a list of history items I click on some items on the cross or I click on a whole day cross icon.
That is all there is to it.. 

O yes I do not have a sync history setup... Just in case that that should make a difference.

I dont want to use the clear history button since that one deletes ALL history. Not really usefull for me. It would be better if I could delete all history in one go using a search query.
A serach query works but then one still needs to click a few hundred times every google search that is in the history.

1 minute ago, rr said:

I dont want to use the clear history button since that one deletes ALL history. Not really usefull for me. It would be better if I could delete all history in one go using a search query.
A serach query works but then one still needs to click a few hundred times every google search that is in the history.

Deleting one by one by clicking the cross  also works fine.

Please consider to run a clean install of 4.9.x.x.x version.

2 hours ago, rr said:

Where is the history stored and how? Maybe I can simply edit the file. I would not be surprised if it is in an sqlite file or so..

The history file is encrypted, there is nothing you can do with it. It's located in your appdata underyour user name folder if you want to give it a go.

I've had this once (or twice?) before, found it to be a corrupt history file. You can go through the history files and delete them one at a time till you find the culprit (obviously keep backups so you can restore any deleted that were ok)

You still will lose some of your history, but you won't lose all of it assuming it's only one file that's corrupted.

Files are found in:
Maxthon4\UserData\Users\[USERNAME or GUEST]\History for portable
or
Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\[USERNAME or GUEST]\History for the installer version.

As PHYR stated there is no way of manipulating the data outside of the browser.

Archived