v4.9.1.100 Search, extension, tabs, and sound

Just upgraded to this version from 4.4.8.600 and noticed 4 things

1. search bar is gone and not available in settings menu. I really liked this because I setup several websites and properly linked to make searching on those sites easier [ex. search Youtube and sorted by view count]

2. The violentmonkey extension no longer loads my scripts

3. When going to skins options, I cannot move the tabs bar to under the address bar. Clicking that option does nothing

4. Can no longer mute the sound of browser. It's really useful when listening to music on computer and playing games online that have annoying sounds

22 minutes ago, Mo88 said:

Just upgraded to this version from 4.4.8.600 and noticed 3 things

1. search bar is gone and not available in settings menu. I really liked this because I setup several websites and properly linked to make searching on those sites easier [ex. search Youtube and sorted by view count]

2. The violentmonkey extension no longer loads my scripts

3. When going to skins options, I cannot move the tabs bar to under the address bar. Clicking that option does nothing

Hi there.

About your questions:

1. Yes, it's true. There is no more search bar. :(

2. Violenmonkey works just fine here . Did you try to reinstall this extension?

Did you perform clean Maxthon installation or you installed over old one?

3.Unfortunately skins (officialy) at the moment aren't supported like any other UI changes. 

However here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/61-skins/ you'll find some "skins"(in fact all of them are altered 0.dat file) for new 4.9 branch.

MaxthonSnap20160223003708.png

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

As I understood from you, our service was not on par with the level you’ve always been accustomed to.

We deeply apologize for that and we are sorry that you were disappointed this time.

As mentioned above,

1. Search bar is not supported at the moment, it may be considered in future

2.Violent monkey is working fine here. Please consider to disable it and enable it again if you have reinstalled it as suggested by magg above.

3.Tabs bar under address bar skin is temporarily  not functionning but it will get back

4. Only individual tab sound can be muted now :)

You suggestions are in hands of our product team now. Everything will be discussed and see what features can be added back.

Stay tuned.

Thanks for your support!

Archived