4.9.0.3000 RC problems

In previous version you could delete flash.dll file and then it would use current version, but in this verision, this is not possible so we are stuck with ancient 15.x version of flash player?

When I ctrl+ left mouse click on the image (to quick save it) and then immediately  try to close tab with mouse double click nothing happens. Triple click works. So it seems as the first click need to select tab bar and then double click closes tab, and any other I try to close afterwards.

HTML5 player on youtube is slow and choppy, does it use hardware acceleration?

Also, this new 4.9.xxxx versions seem much slower than previous 4.5.xxxxx versions.

3 hours ago, projektilski said:

In previous version you could delete flash.dll file and then it would use current version, but in this verision, this is not possible so we are stuck with ancient 15.x version of flash player?

read here please (instructions to update flash in maxthon 4.9) http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/13262-adobe-flash-and-maxthon/&do=findComment&comment=97275

sigmax2.png

15 hours ago, -ody- said:

Thank you this works. However, in previous version, we could just delete dll and then it would take dll from windows system folder where current flash player is installed. Now every time new flash player is out, I need manually to copy dll to maxthon folder.

17 minutes ago, Zurobara said:

Since I use Maxthon I made 2 new clean reinstallation and I noticed that the bookmarks are not removed on uninstallation even if the checkbox from uninstall window is checked, so I think that isn't very "clean" uninstallation..so that perhaps must be some registry manualy deleted..Can someone tell me wich are those registry??

There are any registry files responsible for bookmarks.

If you use Maxthon Passport all your bookmarks, settings are stored in Cloud.

Anyway did you check "remove user data" option during uninstall?

6 minutes ago, Zurobara said:

I said "even the checkbox  from uninstallation window is checked" (checkbox with "remove user data menu")..

I don't have any Maxthon Passport..

Maxthon Passport is your account which you are using to log in to this Forum and your Maxthon.

http://www.maxthon.com/mx3/help/function/passport.htm

http://www.maxthon.com/blog/how-to-best-use-your-maxthon-passport/

2 hours ago, Zurobara said:

Hmm, I did not know this and if is so, this is no good!

You don't have to use it unless you want to have settings, addons, passwords, etc., remembered on the cloud.

If you aren't using it then nothing is remembered while doing a clean install.

Clipboard01.jpg

I found that 4.9 is a step forwards and backwards at the same time. I like the improved smooth scrolling feature but this version just seems a bit slow at times. ex. When you have 3 or 4 Google+ pages open it is nearly unusable, it works great with only 1 tab open. Also, the Quick Access menu feels a bit slower, it used to be immediate. One huge plus is that we can now hit the menu button on the keyboard to correct a spelling error! THANK YOU!!! 

One issue I would like to point out is the fact that when loading pages it is noticeable that Maxthon does not load everything on the page (YouTube Video Thumbnails) They start appearing as you scroll. The improved gesture trail is extremely nice! 

Very mixed feelings about all of this. Please bring back split view.

Archived