[REQUEST] Barcode

tyktak

Not a barcode generator, but there is a QR generator.

I know it's not what you're looking for, but it's the closest I could find. http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1777&category_id=#

I will look further and if not, I will ....try my hand at porting that Chromium extension, though I can't promise anything, sorry.

edit: see attachment.

barcode.mxaddon

cooltext.png

tyktak replied at 2013-5-9 06:56 back.gif

I was looking for it!

Thanks!

no problem. And sorry didn't see your post before I had sent you a PM. Please disregard it, since you've already seen my response with the mxaddon.

also uploaded it to the extension site, so it SHOULD be in by either this afternoon or around 11:30 East coast U.S. time or so, tonight, or the next night . I will post a link here when it gets approved, assuming it will be.

also it might be useful to note jquery is in it, and their default script is with a false async value. As usual with anything jquery-related, I have changed the value to true, to improve speed, though it shouldn't be a BIG difference, but nonetheless...

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-5-9 06:57 back.gif

no problem. And sorry didn't see your post before I had sent you a PM. Please disregard it, since ...

Could You add a option which is in chrome extension?

Is there any chance to make that generator without copying website address? :)

tyktak replied at 2013-5-9 07:01 back.gif

Could You add a option which is in chrome extension?

Is there any chance to make that generator w ...

I'm not sure I understand.

You're saying: so it scans the site URL and inputs it automatically? That isn't in the chromium extension, and barcodes are comprised of numbers, not plaintext URLs, unless you mean the DNS server...? If I am understanding correctly.

sorry..

cooltext.png

When i was using chrome ( i cant check it now because i uninstalled it) extension worked like that:

1. Click on extension icon

2. Got ready QR Code, i didn't have to add url etc., just one click and got it.

Do You understand? :)

tyktak replied at 2013-5-9 07:06 back.gif

When i was using chrome ( i cant check it now because i uninstalled it) extension worked like that:

I don't see that...apparently though with QR code, you CAN put in plaintext URLs...for QR...that works in both.

I still don't understand if not that, sorry...

edit: or perhaps you're saying about one that's ALREADY turned into a QR code - I don't have a smartphone, so I can't test it, I'm sorry.

sorry barcodes are NOT my specialty...sorry

cooltext.png

tyktak replied at 2013-5-9 07:26 back.gif

Look at this http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1777&category_id=#

And if i want ...

I'm looking into this. sorry for the confusion.

edit: it looks like it'd involve a js with regex variables, similar to the music-clips.net extension I've already a while ago ported over...

The only things I've really done with *real* coding (excluding html and css), would be SOME js, but mostly Lua, Perl Regex, and json. I'm a terrible coder. I emphasize this a LOT, but I am firstly and foremost, a tweaker, NOT a coder.

I'm terribly sorry. Also I had thought you were saying the Chromium extension, not the maxthon one specifically for QR codes. Sorry about that.

I wouldn't know how to begin the rest, I'm sorry. I'm a very limited coder...

cooltext.png

Archived