gmail account unable to log out

-ody-

Hi,

there are several posts about gmail issues, but I haven't seen this one yet..

I have two gmail accounts

let's say A@gmail.com and B@gmail.com, and at the moment I'm logged in with A@gmail.com 

What I do :

I click the "disconnect" button

A window with my 2 accounts shows up

I click the B account then I fill the form (password)

and it opens my A account....

I had to clear my cookies :wacko: to be able tu open my second account

if only I could choose which cookies I want to delete :(

maxthon 4.9.0.3000

sigmax2.png

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Did a test, and when going to my B account from my A account it logged in to my B account as expected.

Does this happen all the time?

if you check "stay connected " yes it happens all the time.

the workaround is to not check "stay connected". If you don't check it, then it works as expected but you have to manually fill the login form (this means both username and password, it's one more step than expected since magic fill stil does not work with the 2 steps login process)

edit : and thanks to the repoducibility test, I have to clear my cookies again :(

by the way...probably a different issue : after clearing my cookies, I had to login to the forum again and I just noticed that magicfill does not work as expected either : my login and password here on the forum were ancient ones ???

I had to save them again.

sigmax2.png

5 hours ago, -ody- said:

if you check "stay connected " yes it happens all the time.

the workaround is to not check "stay connected". If you don't check it, then it works as expected but you have to manually fill the login form (this means both username and password, it's one more step than expected since magic fill stil does not work with the 2 steps login process)

edit : and thanks to the repoducibility test, I have to clear my cookies again :(

by the way...probably a different issue : after clearing my cookies, I had to login to the forum again and I just noticed that magicfill does not work as expected either : my login and password here on the forum were ancient ones ???

I had to save them again.

From the start of new forum i am not able to auto-login through the Sign In (with the popup window) with checked or not the "remember me" option, even with or without cleaned my cookies. Every time need to put my username and password manually.  Magic Fill don't works on popup windows.  

I found another solution for singing in the forum: I always click the "Sign Up" and inside this page i click on "Sign In". Then Magic Fill always shows my username and password and i'm able to login without putting the details.

MxSignIn.png

11 hours ago, AkisS said:

From the start of new forum i am not able to auto-login through the Sign In (with the popup window) with checked or not the "remember me" option, even with or without cleaned my cookies. Every time need to put my username and password manually.  Magic Fill don't works on popup windows.  

I found another solution for singing in the forum: I always click the "Sign Up" and inside this page i click on "Sign In". Then Magic Fill always shows my username and password and i'm able to login without putting the details.

MxSignIn.png

I never have to use the Sign Up option.  Sometimes, I connect and am not signed in, but clicking Sign In brings up a dialog automatically prefilled with my information and I click the button to login.  After doing that I can connect, close the tab, come back, even close the browser and relaunch and return and I'm automatically logged in.

I don't know what it is that sometimes I'm not logged in.  But when I'm not, Magic Fill does its thing with just two clicks.

I'm on Win7 and Mx 4.9.0.3000 RC.

<<SL>>

'

I'm not sure how this is related to my initial question which is " I'm unable to disconnect from gmail accounts", which is clearly related to a cookie issue..

Chinese team is on holidays, I guess we will have to wait until next week before Bugsir sees this.

sigmax2.png

Hi guys,

I just checked the problem you mentioned: I have two Google accounts A and B, when i'm logged in with account A and click "Sign out", i didn't see "disconnect" though, I'm redirected to a page to choose an account i want to login Gmail with. When i choose account A i'm directly logged in with A account, but when i choose account B, account A still logs in. Quite unusual!  Clearing cookies didn't help either. Unless i double click and select account B from the drop down list that's when account B will be logged in

Our team are investigating the cause of the problem right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived