Slow Maxthon Login In V4.9

ddn2003

Ever since upgrading (clean install) to V4.9.x.x, I have notice that Maxthon takes a long time (minutes) to log into my Maxthon Passport for sync'ing. I have tested 2 accounts on both the installed version and portable version.

Is this a known issue? What could be causing the slow login?

2 hours ago, ddn2003 said:

Ever since upgrading (clean install) to V4.9.x.x, I have notice that Maxthon takes a long time (minutes) to log into my Maxthon Passport for sync'ing. I have tested 2 accounts on both the installed version and portable version.

a couple of first versions of 4.9.x.x presented this problem, but the latest version 4.9.0.2900 is much faster. You may restart the browser and try again.

4 hours ago, ddn2003 said:

If you are basing your assessment on the avatar on the right side of the browser I suggest you take a look on the left avatar, you are logged in and synced despite the right avatar indicating you are not.

Clipboard01.jpg

On 2/4/2016, 9:30:52, ddn2003 said:

Thanks for the help, but the problem still exists in the latest in v4.9.0.3000. It just sits at Logging In....

UPDATE: It's been hours and it still won't login. My portable version of v4.8 logs in instantly.

Maxthon.jpg

The problem with the Manu Menu Avatar does not affect login.  Look at the avator in your sidebar.  It's logged in.  I know because when it connects on a new install, the sidebar icons and the Favorites bar synchronizes with no difficulty even though Main Menu continues its "Logging In".

So it's only a cosmetic problem.

<<SL>>

3 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

The problem with the Manu Menu Avatar does not affect login.  Look at the avator in your sidebar.  It's logged in.  I know because when it connects on a new install, the sidebare icons and the Favorites bar synchronizes with no difficulty even though Main Menu contiones its "Logging In".

So it's only a cosmetic problem.

<<SL>>

Thanks for the info!

I am experiencing something quite similar but with favorites.

On preceding versions of maxthon, the fav' synced quite instantaneously. with V.4.9.xxxx, it takes nearly 10 sec to sync... it's not a big deal, but it's quite annoying...

On 04.02.2016 16:30:52, ddn2003 said:

Thanks for the help, but the problem still exists in the latest in v4.9.0.3000. It just sits at Logging In....

UPDATE: It's been hours and it still won't login. My portable version of v4.8 logs in instantly.

Maxthon.jpg

If you try to open a new private window on this menu, then it disappears. I'm using v4.9 rc too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived