AdBlock Plus

Greetings, AdBlock Plus was working very well for me.  The bottom toolbar would show the # of ads that had been blocked.  Then, all of a sudden, I started getting unwanted ads on some of my pages.  I clicked on the bottom toolbar & saw that now "AdHunter" was there.  Not sure what happened, but I miss AdBlock Plus.  I clicked on the AdBlock Plus webpage & it said that AdBlock Plus is "Integrated by default in Maxthon Cloud Browser" ... but, for some reason, it is no longer integrated by default in my Maxthon Browser.  Any suggestions as to how I might get it back??  thanks, in advance.

1 hour ago, moonjester said:

Greetings, AdBlock Plus was working very well for me.  The bottom toolbar would show the # of ads that had been blocked.  Then, all of a sudden, I started getting unwanted ads on some of my pages.  I clicked on the bottom toolbar & saw that now "AdHunter" was there.  Not sure what happened, but I miss AdBlock Plus.  I clicked on the AdBlock Plus webpage & it said that AdBlock Plus is "Integrated by default in Maxthon Cloud Browser" ... but, for some reason, it is no longer integrated by default in my Maxthon Browser.  Any suggestions as to how I might get it back??  thanks, in advance.

Are you using a skin?  If so, try returning to the default skin then check the statusbar icon to see if it says AdBlock Plus or AdHunter.  Some skins do not have the current menu in them and would show an incorrect list of options.

Another thing I have encountered is that even if the menu is wrong, selecting the Custome Rules item can open ABP to the Custome Rules tab for you to edit.  Once in the ABP manager, you can navigate to any other tab.  If you see this behavior, then ABP is in fact installed and working; it's just that the menu is messed up.

<<SL>>

6 hours ago, moonjester said:

Hi,

What version of Maxthon are you using please?

With Maxthon default skin, ABP icon should show in toolbar. Any screenshot to see how it looks there?

Thank you both for responding.  I now am using v 4.4.8.1000 & I now have AdBlock Plus again (yeah!).  When I originally wrote I was using v 4.4.1.1000, but it was odd because I was using this version & had AdBlock Plus before yesterday, then yesterday, I was getting the popups & saw that I had "AdHunter" ... To my knowledge, I didn't do anything with my maxthon browser to cause this swap.   But yesterday, after posting & before your responses, I did check to see what version of Maxthon I had & there was a link to update.  So I did that & ABP appeared again.  So, as of this moment, I am, once again, a very happy Maxthon user.  :-)   and, again, I thank you both for your input.   

7 hours ago, moonjester said:

Thank you both for responding.  I now am using v 4.4.8.1000 & I now have AdBlock Plus again (yeah!).  When I originally wrote I was using v 4.4.1.1000, but it was odd because I was using this version & had AdBlock Plus before yesterday, then yesterday, I was getting the popups & saw that I had "AdHunter" ... To my knowledge, I didn't do anything with my maxthon browser to cause this swap.   But yesterday, after posting & before your responses, I did check to see what version of Maxthon I had & there was a link to update.  So I did that & ABP appeared again.  So, as of this moment, I am, once again, a very happy Maxthon user.  :-)   and, again, I thank you both for your input.   

Glad to ear that everything went back to normal.

Enjoy your browsing:)

Archived