DirectWrite in Ultra mode

Olgir

So, yesterday I updated to recent beta build: 4.9.0.2900. Everything is cool, but fonts. Some letters on some sites are awfully anti-aliased. Inspecting this issue, I installed Google Chrome and saw the same issue there. My experiments with Chrome led me to chrome://flags, where I disabled DirectWrite. It solved the problem in Chrome - letters are readable again. The problem is I do not want to use Chrome, but it seems there is no way to disable DirectWrite in Maxthon! Any workarounds?

Attached some samples with "broken" font anti-aliasing. It's in Russian, but you are able to see the difference, I assume. The first is with DirectWrite enabled (broken), the second one is with DirectWrite disabled (okay). Note letter "в"!

dbG3LXCqe04.jpg

qBVS3NMyLNI (1).jpg

I encountered this problem on vk.com (Russian version).

The font on the pictures is Tahoma 11px. As you may notice, some letters partially fade to grey. "в" - to almost white. Not capital B, but "в", the little one. I assume the difference is hard to notice to someone, who do not use cyrillic letters. 

The problem is with DirectWrite, not with Maxthon itself. Just wanted to find out if there is a way to disable it.

Also, I can not sync with cloud. Loading circle just spinning infinitely. Downgraded to stable version for now.

13 hours ago, Olgir said:

I encountered this problem on vk.com (Russian version).

The font on the pictures is Tahoma 11px. As you may notice, some letters partially fade to grey. "в" - to almost white. Not capital B, but "в", the little one. I assume the difference is hard to notice to someone, who do not use cyrillic letters. 

The problem is with DirectWrite, not with Maxthon itself. Just wanted to find out if there is a way to disable it.

Also, I can not sync with cloud. Loading circle just spinning infinitely. Downgraded to stable version for now.

The problem with cloud tab sync is known. We are working on it.

Archived