The browser is outdated

Today while searching the web this page popped up:

<<<<THE BROWSER YOU ARE USING IS OUTDATED.

WE RECOMMEND TO UPGRADE TO : CHROME ,EXPLORER ,FIREFOX ,OPERA.>>>>>>

I am currently using MAXTHON 4.4.8.1000.

Why MAXTHON is not accepted?

Even on Google Play sometimes it pops up a window in which it says that it is obsolete/ not accepted.

Shop plastidip online Gallery - Buy plastidip for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com.htm_20160120155130.png

On 1/20/2016 11:05:47, 30436504 said:

Today while searching the web this page popped up:

<<<<THE BROWSER YOU ARE USING IS OUTDATED.

WE RECOMMEND TO UPGRADE TO : CHROME ,EXPLORER ,FIREFOX ,OPERA.>>>>>>

I am currently using MAXTHON 4.4.8.1000.

Why MAXTHON is not accepted?

Even on Google Play sometimes it pops up a window in which it says that it is obsolete/ not accepted.

Shop plastidip online Gallery - Buy plastidip for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com.htm_20160120155130.png

What page were you visiting at the moment?

Please tyr the latest beta version http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18562-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4902800-beta-released/ (remember to create a backup for your data to avoid any loss that may occur)

1 hour ago, BugSir007 said:

What page were you visiting at the moment?

Please tyr the latest beta version http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18562-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4902800-beta-released/ (remebr to create a backup for your data to avoid any loss that may occur)

Very bad advice! You do not know him. Are you sure that this is an advanced user? But you advise him to use beta. And not just beta, beta of MX5 with hundreds of bugs!
P.S. Hangouts does not work in MX 4.9. Again.

58 minutes ago, A.S. said:

Very bad advice! You do not know him. Are you sure that this is an advanced user? But you advise him to use beta. And not just beta, beta of MX5 with hundreds of bugs!
P.S. Hangouts does not work in MX 4.9. Again.

Hundreds of bugs?! Well , since the introduction of the new core i believe a lot of bugs existed in previous versions have been fixed. And the latest beta version is performing much better!

None of the posts actually explain why they're experiencing the problem they're seeing.

The reason why you are seeing an 'outdated browser' message is because Maxthon 4.4.x is based on Chrome 30, Maxthon 4.9.x is based on Chrome 39. Chrome 30 was released in October 2013 so there's no reason to support it now that Chrome's currently on version 48.

You could change the user agent string of Maxthon in the settings to see if it works around the issue but I do believe Maxthon have left it late to update their core engine code.

15 minutes ago, HPB1 said:

Example for XP I was create my own user agent (Image),with this user agent the 4.4.8.1000 version Maxthon runs fast and without any Problem

Untitled20160124225618.jpg

And you're completely wrong Looping :titter:

Windows NT 6.1 stands for Windows 7.

So your UA is incorrect for XP users.

FYI - None of user agents can't speed up any browser, lol.

Archived