[WinPC Resolved] NZB files saved smaller - shorter than normal

All NZB files saved by the new V4.9.0 Betas (I am using V4.9.0.2700 beta at the moment) are not saved correctly. The saved files are shorter / smaller than they should be.

As an example one can use the following links to try to save the same NZB file from 2 sites:

http://www.nzbclub.com/search.aspx?q=elementary+1080p+web+s04e07&ns=0

http://binsearch.info/?q=elementary+1080p+web+s04e07&max=100&adv_age=1100&server=

Both links offer the same NZB file for download. When saving the NZB files with V4.4.8.1000, the files are saved normally, with their full length. When saving the NZB files with V4.9.0.2700 (I had also tried V4.9.0.2400 with the same result) the saved NZB files are shorter (e.g. 20KB instead of 290KB).

The above NZB files are just examples. The error occurs with any NZB, except maybe the very small NZB files (under ~20KB)

Can someone please try and replicate this error and confirm it?

Just tested and can confirm that the files are indeed truncated.

On Tue Jan 19 2016 23:25:32 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Summer, TheFireman2 said:

The error occurs with any NZB, except maybe the very small NZB files (under ~20KB)

The binsearch NZB's are <1kb and they also have the same issue.

@ 7twenty : Thank you for confirming the bug.

@ BugSir007

I have just tried V.4.9.0.2800 and I still see the same problem. The situation is as follows:

In the download dialog the size of the NZB to be downloaded is reported as 22.03KB (before the download). In the "Download Tasks" window, after the download, the completed size is mentioned as 290.09KB. However the downloaded file itselt is 22.0KB (Windows file properties)

14 hours ago, TheFireman2 said:

@ 7twenty : Thank you for confirming the bug.

@ BugSir007

I have just tried V.4.9.0.2800 and I still see the same problem. The situation is as follows:

In the download dialog the size of the NZB to be downloaded is reported as 22.03KB (before the download). In the "Download Tasks" window, after the download, the completed size is mentioned as 290.09KB. However the downloaded file itselt is 22.0KB (Windows file properties)

Thanks for more clarification.

I can confirm the same issue here. In the download dialog the size of the file is mentioned as 290.17KB, but it shows 29.1KB in file properties.

• 7twenty changed the title to [WinPC Confirmed] NZB files saved smaller - shorter than normal

@7twenty: Nice tip. Can confirm that the problem only exists in Ultra mode. Retro mode works fine. Will switch to Retro mode until the Ulta mode is fixed. In the past weeks I had been using Firefox to open these pages, so with this workaround I can save on opening an extra browser. Many thanks!

@BugSir007: I also tried V.4.9.0.2900 in Ultra Mode and the problem remains in this version too.

• 7twenty changed the title to [WinPC Resolved] NZB files saved smaller - shorter than normal

Archived