Maxthon opens some pages as blank

Rainman

13 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Maxthon opens some pages as blank, whilst other browsers opens it normally (at the same time and computer)

Maxthon version: V4.4.8.1000, V4.9.0.2700

A great (but not the only!) example - HP site:

http://support.hp.com/ru-ru/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1200-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5187346

MX 4.4.8.1000 : same issue here, ABP on or off, utra or retro

sigmax2.png

5 hours ago, Rainman said:

Maxthon opens some pages as blank, whilst other browsers opens it normally (at the same time and computer)

Maxthon version: V4.4.8.1000, V4.9.0.2700

A great (but not the only!) example - HP site:

http://support.hp.com/ru-ru/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1200-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5187346

Works fine here on 4.4.8 in Ultra.

In which mode are you trying to open this website?

Bez tytułu.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Both modes.

Try to download Maxthon portable version. Then unzip it somwhere.

Do not log in to your Passport, don't install any extension, don't change any settings and chceck again your problematic websites.

1 hour ago, m▲gg said:

Try to download Maxthon portable version. Then unzip it somwhere.

Do not log in to your Passport, don't install any extension, don't change any settings and chceck again your problematic websites.

ok it works with portable maxthon..

from there, I tried again all extensions disabled : no way...

then I tried with Installed version, but disconnected from passport : page loads fine..

now which setting prevents the page to display ?

sigmax2.png

3 minutes ago, -ody- said:

ok it works with portable maxthon..

from there, I tried again all extensions disabled : no way...

then I tried with Installed version, but disconnected from passport : page loads fine..

now which setting prevents the page to display ?

Tbh - I have no idea where to start :mdr:

Ody try some of these settings from my screenshot.

Then you can also check this UA

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; U; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/4.9.0.2700 Chrome/47.2526.0.106 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2079.0 QupZilla/1.8.9

Bez tytułu.jpg

4 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Tbh - I have no idea where to start :mdr:

Ody try some of these settings from my screenshot.

Then you can also check this UA

Bez tytułu.jpg

no, it's not related to user agent, and to none of the settings I changed so far and I did change almost all those I could (rendering engine, proxy, do not track, etc..)....:(

sigmax2.png

12 minutes ago, -ody- said:

no, it's not related to user agent, and to none of the settings I changed so far and I did change almost all those I could (rendering engine, proxy, do not track, etc..)....:(

Ody check also your ABP custom filters.

I remember that sometimes it syncs old Adhunter's ones :huh:.

Give a try.

Notatka20160119195757.png

30 minutes ago, -ody- said:

OMG, it works now... and I didn't change anything since last time I tried ( I just closed and re opened maxthon) :wacko: 

please tell me I'm not becoming crazy :arf:

You have to remember that Maxthon isn't just a NORMAL browser :mdr:

5 hours ago, -ody- said:

OMG, it works now... and I didn't change anything since last time I tried ( I just closed and re opened maxthon) :wacko: 

please tell me I'm not becoming crazy :arf:

Some settings don't take effect until Maxthon is rebooted depending on the setting, especially if a process remains open(although not necessarily). In some instances, I think I've had to reboot the pc.

Weren't there some new settings that had to be toggled in the past for them to register properly after updating to a newer version of Mx? Maybe that is happening now with the new version.

4 hours ago, Plugger said:

Some settings don't take effect until Maxthon is rebooted depending on the setting, especially if a process remains open(although not necessarily). In some instances, I think I've had to reboot the pc.

Weren't there some new settings that had to be toggled in the past for them to register properly after updating to a newer version of Mx? Maybe that is happening now with the new version.

I have toggled on and off each setting after each non working try, hence at the moment my browser has the exact same config it had when the page was blank, I haven't changed any setting in ages, and I swear I closed my browser and restarted windows at least 10 times yesterday and the day before (had a driver issue with my old wacom tablet).You may be right, although I believe that if a setting was uneffective I would have noticed it a long time ago, but who knows ?

(But as a new member of this forum, you may not be aware that gremlins are living in my computer. :titter: )

sigmax2.png

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Rainman said:

4.4.8.1000 - the same trouble, 4.9.0.2700 - the same trouble,  4.9.1.1000 - the same trouble...

bug remained in place, if you do not find it personally

I just opened the link and the page displays properly.

Sign out your Maxthon account and make sure your user agent is set to default and try to open the link again. Tried with Mx4.9.1.1000 :)

2 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

I just opened the link and the page displays properly.

Sign out your Maxthon account and make sure your user agent is set to default and try to open the link again. Tried with Mx4.9.1.1000 :)

I can confirm the problem if opened while in full screen mode. Mx4.9.2.300(happens regardless of 4.9 version and previously reported in private forum) This happens regardless of site. You can try this using the page link(1) at the bottom of this page.

To replicate:

Use full screen mode

Middle click or D&D(you have to open in new tab) the link in the OP or any other and switch to the new tab

This is the result(leaving the tab and returning will show the site without a refresh)

Edit: This will also affect each tab between the active tab and the newly created  tab(whether they were opened in full screen or not), all will appear blank until cycled through...

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

On 3/10/2016, 9:37:51, PHYR said:

I can confirm the problem if opened while in full screen mode. Mx4.9.2.300(happens regardless of 4.9 version and previously reported in private forum) This happens regardless of site. You can try this using the page link(1) at the bottom of this page.

To replicate:

Use full screen mode

Middle click or D&D(you have to open in new tab) the link in the OP or any other and switch to the new tab

This is the result(leaving the tab and returning will show the site without a refresh)

Edit: This will also affect each tab between the active tab and the newly created  tab(whether they were opened in full screen or not), all will appear blank until cycled through...

Just looking for an acknowledgement of this post by a bugsir or bugmiss 

Archived