Pepflashplayer & Webcam/Webcamsoftware

Prelude

I am stuck on the Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 as a new problem has turned up with the new Maxthon beta's.

The new pepflashplayer.dll won't recognize my webcam or webcam software (Magic camera & Webcammax)

It is not even possible to see them in the flash options as they are blank.

I have been googling around and found out that some people experience the same problems in Chrome.

Will this problem be solved in the new Maxthon? or is this a specific problem that must be solved by Adobe?

Maybe someone knows a workaround to fix this problem, i would very much appreciate the help as i use this feature a lot.

Just now, Prelude said:

I am stuck on the Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 as a new problem has turned up with the new Maxthon beta's.

The new pepflashplayer.dll won't recognize my webcam or webcam software (Magic camera & Webcammax)

It is not even possible to see them in the flash options as they are blank.

I have been googling around and found out that some people experience the same problems in Chrome.

Will this problem be solved in the new Maxthon? or is this a specific problem that must be solved by Adobe?

Maybe someone knows a workaround to fix this problem, i would very much appreciate the help as i use this feature a lot.

Did you check if this problem also occurs in other browsers (Chrome, new Opera - all with pepflash support)?

If yes - then Maxthon has nothing to do with it. 

Check also that is there any software update for your webcam.

Mx4.9.0.2700 uses an old pepfash, you might try replacing it with pepflash from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, rename the new one, pepflashplayerxx.xx.x.x.xxx.dll to pepflashplayer.dll.

Also, please give us a site to try it out.

I have finally found a working solution!

1 : You must install the new Maxthon 4.9.0.2800 in the Program Files folder........ NOT the Program Files (x86) folder!

2 : Go to Windows -> SysWOW64 -> Macromed -> Flash folder and copy NPSWF32_20_0_0_286.dll (or whatever version you have)

3 : Go to Program Files -> Maxthon -> Core -> Blink -> Plugins and insert NPSWF32_20_0_0_286.dll

4 : Delete the original pepflashplayer.dll

5 : Rename the NPSWF32_20_0_0_286.dll to pepflashplayer.dll

6 : Enjoy the use and full working Webcam and Webcam software in your browser using flash player instead of pepflashplayer :-D

Alternatively, if you don't care of the use of your webcam you can do the same steps by copying the pepflashplayer32_20_0_0_286.dll instead and rename it. Then you have the newest version.

47 minutes ago, Prelude said:

1 : You must install the new Maxthon 4.9.0.2800 in the Program Files folder........ NOT the Program Files (x86) folder!

2 : Go to Windows -> SysWOW64 -> Macromed -> Flash folder and copy NPSWF32_20_0_0_286.dll (or whatever version you have)

3 : Go to Program Files -> Maxthon -> Core -> Blink -> Plugins and insert NPSWF32_20_0_0_286.dll

6 : Enjoy the use and full working Webcam and Webcam software in your browser using flash player instead of pepflashplayer :-D

Alternatively, if you don't care of the use of your webcam you can do the same steps by copying the pepflashplayer32_20_0_0_286.dll instead and rename it. Then you have the newest version.

Thanks for sharing this workaround!

1 hour ago, Prelude said:

as long as maxthon includes its own flash  dll, an extension to automate this would be very useful

sigmax2.png

Although my workaround do work, i have encountered an unfortunate side effect........

The "Video Float Bar" is not working, if you use my solution. Apparently the "Video Float Bar" is connected to the pepflashplayer.dll and as a result of replacing this with flash player dll it's gone.

Just for your info.

42 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Although my workaround do work, i have encountered an unfortunate side effect........

The "Video Float Bar" is not working, if you use my solution. Apparently the "Video Float Bar" is connected to the pepflashplayer.dll and as a result of replacing this with flash player dll it's gone.

Just for your info.

What problem do you encounter if Mx is installed in programs x86?

Archived