Maxthon Browser for Windows V4.9.0.2700 Beta doesn't read certificates

I have a big problem with this new Beta: I use to work with my personal and Authorities certificates on Maxthon without any problem ... till now:  This new beta doesn't recognize my certificates, so I've uninstalled it and I've came back to the previous Beta.. And now it's all fine.

I love Maxthon because it's my first browser for working and leisure, but my job requires certificates. I hope yu can solve this problem in newer versions.

Hi

Ok : Installed Beta again for posting this test (and uninstalled again ... uf ...)

"Seguridad de Windows

Maxthon

No hay ningun certificado disponible

No hay certificados que cumplan los criterios de la aplicación.

Haga clic en Aceptar para continuar"

-----------------------------------------

Translation: 

Windows Security

Maxthon

No certificate available

No certificates meeting the criteria of the application.

Click OK to continue

---------------------------------------

When I click OK, all windows open in Maxthon became white and empty. I've never had this kind of problem with any previous Maxthon version

capturaMaxthonBeta.png

39 minutes ago, BugSir007 said:

Impossible to access this page here on my side.

I'll keep trying though

Thanks so much for your reply and efforts:

This is a legal platform (to Courts, Lawyers and Solicitors) and you need a smart card and special certificates to go. I've been working for 3-4 years, with the same certificates,  in this platform with Maxthon, until the previous Beta. The problem has come only with this new Beta.

(Right now, I'm working in the platform, with the previous Beta,and have no problem at all)

22 minutes ago, 15327860 said:

Thanks so much for your reply and efforts:

This is a legal platform (to Courts, Lawyers and Solicitors) and you need a smart card and special certificates to go. I've been working for 3-4 years, with the same certificates,  in this platform with Maxthon, until the previous Beta. The problem has come only with this new Beta.

(Right now, I'm working in the platform, with the previous Beta,and have no problem at all)

Thanks for this information.

I hope this problem can be solved soon. We will try our best.

This site is probably restricted on network level to IPs in Spain. I use certificates myself and have reported several problems with the Maxthon certificate handling, especially in Ultra mode. However, 4.9 introduced new problems. This site doesn't request a user certificate and gives a 403 forbidden message, generated by some web application (or the server). So I assume it has filters for the IPs which can access the site. I am using 4.4.8.600 Beta because of the 4.9 problems and not the final 4.4.8.1000 due to the download window problem not solved there.

It will be hard to help you with a site, which is restricted. May I ssuggest that you try other sites with the new .2700, I will try it myself when I find the time.
You may use https://e-fibank.bg/EBank/ for example - requires certificate on open. Can be tested both in Ultra and Retro mode. Ultra mode generally has a problem with the certificate list. It depends on the site/platform whether Ultra mode is supported or not. (Same applies to Chrome).

6 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

This site is probably restricted on network level to IPs in Spain. I use certificates myself and have reported several problems with the Maxthon certificate handling, especially in Ultra mode. However, 4.9 introduced new problems. This site doesn't request a user certificate and gives a 403 forbidden message, generated by some web application (or the server). So I assume it has filters for the IPs which can access the site. I am using 4.4.8.600 Beta because of the 4.9 problems and not the final 4.4.8.1000 due to the download window problem not solved there.

It will be hard to help you with a site, which is restricted. May I ssuggest that you try other sites with the new .2700, I will try it myself when I find the time.
You may use https://e-fibank.bg/EBank/ for example - requires certificate on open. Can be tested both in Ultra and Retro mode. Ultra mode generally has a problem with the certificate list. It depends on the site/platform whether Ultra mode is supported or not. (Same applies to Chrome).

I've been working around 4 years with Maxthon and my certificates on that platform. And I never had this problem until this new Beta. The platform works fine too with other browsers, but I've  always prefered Maxthon.

(I'm a Solicitor and I'm sending and receiving notifications to-from the Courts through the platform: that's my workplace and can't be any other: Justice in Spain is automatized through platforms)

Thanks so much for your reply:

There's no solution, because any  ("Ultra-Retro" ) mode recognizes my certificates on Lexnet (from Maxthon 4.9.0.2700 Beta and up)

We have a big problem with Chromium ... because we need Java-NPAPI and our certificates for our jobs ...

On 1/22/2016 11:22:45, 15327860 said:

Thanks so much for your reply:

There's no solution, because any  ("Ultra-Retro" ) mode recognizes my certificates on Lexnet (from Maxthon 4.9.0.2700 Beta and up)

We have a big problem with Chromium ... because we need Java-NPAPI and our certificates for our jobs ...

Hi,

Do you still experience the same problem in the latest beta v4.9.0.2800?

20 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Do you still experience the same problem in the latest beta v4.9.0.2800?

Hi, BugSir007:

No way ... I've tested jatest Beta and, at first, Lexnet and TCPE work on Retro mode (none on Ultra mode).  But, at second try, Maxthon crashes, displays blank pages or "strange views"  (look, please, at the below picture)

I've closed Maxthon, cleaned cookies and opened again ... and now Lexnet and TCPE open with a "forbidden" message: I've opened  both, Lexnet and TCPE, with Epic Browser and have no problem with them, certificates, reader card or intelligent card. They work fine on Epic, IE11 and Torch.

No way with Maxthon new releases ... so, 'll stay on Beta 4.9.0.2600, the latest which Works ...  for me.

(Thanks so much for your concern)

MaxtrhonCrash.jpg

Archived