[WinPC Resolved] How do you discard a post or quote started in mistake

I have run into this problem a number of times.  I quote some post and then decide I don't want the quoted piece.  I can't find the way to remove it.  And just quitting doesn't get rid of it.  It hangs around and if I start a new post on the same forum, there's that dumb message messing up creating a new post.  

In the old forum there used to be a right-click menu (or maybe it was an options menu next to the SAVE button) which contained DELETE MESSAGE.  

Deleting the whole message is the only way I remember to delete a quote mistake.  It certainly would be handy to have a DELETE QUOTE option as well as a delete message option while still in the editor.

<<SL>>

46 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

I just go into source mode and do it from there.

Thanks, Ill try that next time.  Oh, I've got something to clear at the moment, so I can try it there now.

<<SL>>

EDIT:  I couldn't find my way to  do it in View Source.  But just having some text below the quote and backspacing right through the quote does it much easier.   My trouble was insisting on trying to do it with the mouse.

On 1/10/2016 5:00:49, SnowLeopard said:

I have run into this problem a number of times.  I quote some post and then decide I don't want the quoted piece.  I can't find the way to remove it.  And just quitting doesn't get rid of it.  It hangs around and if I start a new post on the same forum, there's that dumb message messing up creating a new post.  

In the old forum there used to be a right-click menu (or maybe it was an options menu next to the SAVE button) which contained DELETE MESSAGE.  

Deleting the whole message is the only way I remember to delete a quote mistake.  It certainly would be handy to have a DELETE QUOTE option as well as a delete message option while still in the editor.

<<SL>>

It seems to be the new system design.

If you click anywhere on the border of the quote and hit Delete, it will remove the quoted piece:)

Archived