SSL connection error

I have been using Maxthon on Linux for a long time now. But recently when I changed my distro to a Debian based OS called Deepin 15 I installed Maxthon but now whenever I try to open any google sites (google, gmail, youtube) I get this 

SSL connection error: Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I checked around online and found a fix. they say to go into the settings and make some changes in the network settings of Maxthon. But when I click on network in the settings, I get this message 

When running Google Chrome under a supported desktop environment, the system proxy settings will be used. However, either your system is not supported or there was a problem launching your system configuration.

But you can still configure via the command line. Please see man google-chrome-stable for more information on flags and environment variables.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Maxthon, android version accepts google authentication procedure : name, pass, sms with a authentification code, and after then accepts the connection without asking for something  as before with another browser.

Maxthon linux version does not solve google authentication process. I tried other secure https sites without any problem.  I tried to connect directly to my google account: https://myaccount.google.com/?utm_source=xxxxx same failure and same message. It is an annoying bug.

I am a new user of Maxthon. and I do not know how to report bugs. But for me this is a major obstacle for Maxthon's use. If a brave programmer wants to think about this problem. The few linux users would appreciate it. I found with Maxthon a very good multiplatform browser and I hope that a solution will be found.

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi

Maxthon, android version accepts google authentication procedure : name, pass, sms with a authentification code, and after then accepts the connection without asking for something  as before with another browser.

Maxthon linux version does not solve google authentication process. I tried other secure https sites without any problem.  I tried to connect directly to my google account: https://myaccount.google.com/?utm_source=xxxxx same failure and same message. It is an annoying bug.

I am a new user of Maxthon. and I do not know how to report bugs. But for me this is a major obstacle for Maxthon's use. If a brave programmer wants to think about this problem. The few linux users would appreciate it. I found with Maxthon a very good multiplatform browser and I hope that a solution will be found.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for trying out Maxthon.

For Maxthon android version, what else is supposed to be ask after finishing the authentication with name, pass ,sms and a code? Please clarify here,we will analyze the authentication to see what is missing. Thanks.

As for Linux version, i'm sorry to tell you that this version is not maintained anymore. I'll ask to see if someone here can help on this problem.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 20/1/2016, 10:43:03, BugSir007 said:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for trying out Maxthon.

For Maxthon android version, what else is supposed to be ask after finishing the authentication with name, pass ,sms and a code? Please clarify here,we will analyze the authentication to see what is missing. Thanks.

As for Linux version, i'm sorry to tell you that this version is not maintained anymore. I'll ask to see if someone here can help on this problem.

Thanks.

Hi there , i am linux mint advance user and i work with it for 10+ years all ready , if i am right the Android OS is already linux platform so if you try to fix this bug there i thought you can do the same to our linux OS , thank you for your time.

Archived