Re-loading "quick access"

ddoe

4 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

It's been like that from the beginning and will probably be fixed in future iterations.  I never use it so I don't care.

For most sites it works perfectly and has since ,2400

@ddoe, did you do a clean install?

Clipboard01.jpg

9 hours ago, PHYR said:

For most sites it works perfectly and has since ,2400

@ddoe, did you do a clean install?

Clipboard01.jpg

Yes, I made clean install (uninstall old and install new verison) and clean browsing data.

55 minutes ago, ddoe said:

Yes, I made clean install (uninstall old and install new verison) and clean browsing data.

You have to wait a while - generating website screenshots takes some time.

Next time you can manualy backup these thumbs by copying Thumb.dat from C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\QuickAccess\Thumb (in Mx 4.4.x)  or  C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\NewTab\Thumb\ (in Mx 4.9)

19 minutes ago, ddoe said:

What kind of a connection are you using? As magg said, it can take a considerable amount of time with a slower connection and many tiles.

29 minutes ago, magg said:

You have to wait a while - generating website screenshots takes some time.

Next time you can manualy backup these thumbs by copying Thumb.dat from C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\QuickAccess\Thumb

Maxthon permanently loading website screenshots.

Is this correct location? C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\QuickAccess\Thumb  I can not see folder QuickAccess\Thumb.  I found in C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\NewTab\Thumb\ this file (Thumb.dat).

2 minutes ago, PHYR said:

What kind of a connection are you using? As magg said, it can take a considerable amount of time with a slower connection and many tiles.

I have very good connection ;) ... ony loading, loading, loading ... and no screenshot.

29 minutes ago, ddoe said:

Maxthon permanently loading website screenshots.

Is this correct location? C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\QuickAccess\Thumb  I can not see folder QuickAccess\Thumb.  I found in C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\NewTab\Thumb\ this file (Thumb.dat).

Yes, sorry I don't use 4.9.

New Tab is just new name of Quick Access - thats all.

2 hours ago, magg said:

Yes, sorry I don't use 4.9.

New Tab is just new name of Quick Access - thats all.

I tried: log out from maxthon passport, close maxthon, remove Thumb.dat and start Maxthon a login, but it is same .. loading, loading, loading.

4 minutes ago, ddoe said:

I tried: log out from maxthon passport, close maxthon, remove Thumb.dat and start Maxthon a login, but it is same .. loading, loading, loading.

No, you missunderstand me - you should have a working- one thumb.dat for example from previous version of Maxthon.

Try to download portable version of Mx 4.4.8, log in to you passport and check if problems wit QA thumbs are still there.

If everything will be ok, just copy your correct thumb.dat from portable 4.4.8 version to your 4.9 installation version.

3 hours ago, magg said:

No, you missunderstand me - you should have a working- one thumb.dat for example from previous version of Maxthon.

Try to download portable version of Mx 4.4.8, log in to you passport and check if problems wit QA thumbs are still there.

If everything will be ok, just copy your correct thumb.dat from portable 4.4.8 version to your 4.9 installation version.

I made it according to your instructions. In portable version it is ok. After copy thumb.dat to C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\NewTab\Thumb\ screens are loaded, but some of screens not. Refresh of empty screen does not work. Screenshot of page look empty (top right corner), but it is not (the same as the last line, it looks after "Refresh"). Webpages normaly working.

qa.jpg

7 minutes ago, ddoe said:

I made it according to your instructions. In portable version it is ok. After copy thumb.dat to C:\Users\---YOU---\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\NewTab\Thumb\ screens are loaded, but some of screens not. Refresh of empty screen does not work. Screenshot of page look empty (top right corner), but it is not (the same as the last line, it looks after "Refresh"). Webpages normaly working.

qa.jpg

Try to open this page first (this one without thumbnail) and then try to refresh thumbnail.

4 minutes ago, magg said:

Did you try to remove this webpages with broken thumbnail and then add them manualy?

Yes nothing, but now I noticed that the urls where is character  # do not go. Mybe there is problem.

Just now, ddoe said:

Yes nothing, but now I noticed that the urls where is character  # do not go. Mybe there is problem.

Could you give us a specific links to these problematic websites so we could check them out, please?

Archived