[WinPC Confirmed] Bug Fix Progress Vol.1

May I suggest adding a tracking number for each bug, which is reported. This number should be present in the table and in the forum thread, where the bug has been reported/confirmed. This is because the description in the thread and in the Problem Details column could be quite different. For example "Certificate display issue" could mean a lot of things, it is not obvious which problem is listed.

The use of a bug tracking system, which has been requested earlier, will be greatly appreciated by all and will provide easier tracking, testing, confirmation and rejection etc. Any bug tracking system can be used, Mantis is a good example of a GPL one you can use.

Submenu in toolbar is the reason of fatal error on start: 

"actions": [{
	"type": "mxcmd",
	"title": {"_t": "tw.twitter"},
	"entryPoints": ["toolbar"],
	{"type": "script",
		"js": ["share.js"]
		"menu": [
			{
			"type": "script",
			"title": {"_t": "tw.tweet"},
			"icon": "twitt.png",
			},
			{
			"type": "name",
			"title": {"_t": "tw.searches"},
				{
				"type": "page",
				"title": {"_t": "tw.search"},
				"main": "https://twitter.com/search-home"
				},
				{
				"title": {"_t": "tw.searchadvanced"},
				"main": "https://twitter.com/search-advanced"
				}
				]
			},
			{
			"title": {"_t": "tw.settings"},
			"main": "https://twitter.com/settings"
			}
			]
	}
	}]

When you install extension, it works. But if you close browser and run again, you will see fatal error. Browser will work, but without extensions. And about:extensions will not work too. All versions of MX: MX3, MX4 (MX 4.4 and MX 4.9 too).

10 minutes ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Ummm nothing about the HTML5 videos or animated gifs not showing up?

Problems with videos( especially on Geforce GPU's) seems to be fixed in last internal builds.

So stay tune for official release.

39 minutes ago, -ody- said:

still not fixed in 4.9.0.2600 :( back to 4.4...

Can't believe I wrote "Can" instead of "can't",..... oh wait, yes I can!!! sorry

The public release did fix problems with Skynote and Magic Fill for me though....

I wonder if we could make the fix ourselves, adjust the ini file to allow one less pixel in height or move the entire UI when maximized or in full screen.... It wouldn't fix the issue but at least task bar would be accessible.

Again, with multiple windows open I can sometimes access task bar on my main monitor, but always can on the other monitors.

Just noticed, even with only one instance the issue isn't present on the other monitors so the problem maybe with just that monitor.

I'll check my nvidia ctrl panel to see if I can fix it that way...

Edit: Looks like it happens to all the browsers I've tried in full screen mode except IE, but only in Maxthon when maximized on my main monitor. I have no idea how to fix this. It could possibly be an Nvidia driver issue, or simply that my main monitor is actually a TV. That would not explain why it only happens with Maxthon. Nor why it also happens to Ody. Nor why any dev is not responding with even a suggestion......I sure as heck don't know....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr       task bar shows up with other browsers in fullscreen mode on my other monitors

On Wed Jan 06 2016 22:03:12 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Summer, Dragoncho said:

The use of a bug tracking system, which has been requested earlier,

They do for internal use as has been mentioned previously, and tracking numbers as can be seen in the MX4.9 release threads. Does beg the question, if there is an internal bug list, why create an excel file with some of that data for display here?

On 1/6/2016, 3:52:36, BugSir007 said:

been fixedHello everyone.

Starting from now, we will  regularly be posting  the progress on reported bugs fix here.

The report will mainly focus on bugs found in Mx4.9 generation.

Please have a look and let us know if there are any bugs left unmentioned.

Thanks,

568cd792b1b9c_QQ20160106165530_.thumb.gi

At this point in time 4.9.0.2600 is rendering cbs.com correctly.  So bug #7 can be marked FIXED.  It has been fixed since 2500.  And I hope it remains so.

Whatever happened, I'm glad to see it fixed.

I would like to see the inability to log into ABC Watch on abc.go.com fixed too.  More importantly from the devs point of view, I'd like to see it confirmed, listed, and analyzed to determine why it's happening in 4.9 but not in 4.4.8.

<<SL>>

On 1/6/2016, 4:12:40, PHYR said:

Can display auto hidden task bar when maximized or in full screen mode.(win10)

Also occurs in Win7.  Cannot display auto-hidden TaskBar with maximizzed/full screen modes of Mx 4.9.0.2600.

More detailsL:

Hardware: Dell Latitude E6430 with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and nVidia NVS 5200M GPU

Drivers:

9.17.10.3040 Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver

9.18.13.768 nVidia NVS 5200M driver

Auto-hidden Taskbar does not display in maximized and ful-screen modes when Maxthon is run with nVidia GPU.

Auto-hidden Taskbar does not display in full-screen mode but does display in maximized mofr when Mx is run with Intel HD Garphics 4000

<<SL>>

There is an error since leaving the beta, if not have noticed but the interface is slower, for example changed the tabs giving clicks.

Just it happens to me since leaving the beta, before I spent with vivaldi the same, but was arranged as out other versions

No one has noticed, is annoying why I'm not using the beta.

I'm sorry for my English

6 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Also occurs in Win7.  Cannot display auto-hidden TaskBar with maximizzed/full screen modes of Mx 4.9.0.2600.

More detailsL:

Hardware: Dell Latitude E6430 with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and nVidia NVS 5200M GPU

Drivers:

Auto-hidden Taskbar does not display in maximized and ful-screen modes when Maxthon is run with nVidia GPU.

Auto-hidden Taskbar does not display in full-screen mode but does display in maximized mofr when Mx is run with Intel HD Garphics 4000

It only happens on main monitors, in my case, regardless which of 3 different monitors I use as main monitor. Each monitor is of a different size and make.

10 minutes ago, PHYR said:

It only happens on main monitors, in my case, regardless which of 3 different monitors I use as main monitor. Each monitor is of a different size and make.

I only have one monitor, the laptop display at home.  At work I can't run Maxthon so I can't make such a comparison.

<<SL>>

On 1/9/2016 8:03:50, SnowLeopard said:

More detailsL:

Drivers:

<<SL>>

You are right, i can confirm the same issue here with Win7. In Mx4.4 the browser can display auto-hidden Taskbar with maximized/full screen modes, but Mx 4.9.0.2600 can't.

Thanks for more details about your drivers.

Our devs will look into this problem ASAP.

On 1/6/2016 7:03:12, Dragoncho said:

May I suggest adding a tracking number for each bug, which is reported. This number should be present in the table and in the forum thread, where the bug has been reported/confirmed. This is because the description in the thread and in the Problem Details column could be quite different. For example "Certificate display issue" could mean a lot of things, it is not obvious which problem is listed.

The use of a bug tracking system, which has been requested earlier, will be greatly appreciated by all and will provide easier tracking, testing, confirmation and rejection etc. Any bug tracking system can be used, Mantis is a good example of a GPL one you can use.

Hi,

Actually all bugs are recorded and reported to our internal system" JIRA" with their respective tracking numbers. When a reported issue is reproduced and confirmed as a BUG we mark it as "Confirmed"here in the forum. We do our best to make sure all mentioned bugs are reported and The follow up is done internally.

Given that our Jira system where bugs are reported can't be accessed by users, i don't think adding a tracking number to this report would be more helpful.

Anyway, we will change the bug report format so that links with more details to specific mentioned bugs can be provided.

Thanks.

On 1/6/2016 7:32:58, A.S. said:

Submenu in toolbar is the reason of fatal error on start: 

"type": "mxcmd",
	"title": {"_t": "tw.twitter"},
	{"type": "script",
			{
			"type": "script",
			"title": {"_t": "tw.tweet"},
			"icon": "twitt.png",
			},
			{
			"type": "name",
			"title": {"_t": "tw.searches"},
				{
				"title": {"_t": "tw.search"},
				"main": "https://twitter.com/search-home"
				},
				{
				"title": {"_t": "tw.searchadvanced"},
				"main": "https://twitter.com/search-advanced"
				}
				]
			},
			{
			"title": {"_t": "tw.settings"},
			"main": "https://twitter.com/settings"
			}
			]
	}
	}]

When you install extension, it works. But if you close browser and run again, you will see fatal error. Browser will work, but without extensions. And about:extensions will not work too. All versions of MX: MX3, MX4 (MX 4.4 and MX 4.9 too).

Submenu is not supported.

Please try this correct JSON file.

[{
    "title": {
        "en": "Test"
    },
    "type": "extension",
    "frameworkVersion": "1.0.6",
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "guid": "{38D60F7F-F55C-46E2-8CE8-3C911111111A}",
    "icon": "icon",
        "title": "Menu",
        "icon": "icon",
        "main": "http://www.google.com/",
        "menu": [{
                "en": "SubMenu1"
            },
                    "en": "Item1"
                }
            }, {
                    "en": "Item2"
                }
            }]
        }, {
                "en": "SubMenu2"
            },
                }
            }, {
                }
            }]
        }, {
                "en": "SubMenu3"
            },
                }
            }, {
                }
            }]
        }, {
                "en": "SubMenu4"
            },
                }
            }, {
                }
            }]
        }]
    }]
}]

4 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Submenu is not supported.
Please try this correct JSON file.

1. When you install it works. Good. Cool!
  2. If you close browser and run again, there are no icons on toolbar. It looks like with fatal error before, but without windows about fatal error. Browser does not work as ut have to work.
  3. Next start - MxCrashReport
  4. Start №4 - there are no icons in toolbar and sidebar. No one extension in about:extensions, so you can remove this extensions only from user folder. 

Or you told about MX 4.9 last version only?
And why "frameworkVersion": "1.0.6"?

9 hours ago, Karolinakydd said:

Still no split screen, being that there are no extensions available?

You don't need split screen... in other browser. Because in other browser you can move one tab to the left corner, another - in tab right corner. Try this in Firefox, Chrome or any one other. But it does not work in MX 4.9. So... Where is our split screen?

On Mon Jan 11 2016 05:09:15 GMT+0200 (FLE Standard, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Actually all bugs are recorded and reported to our internal system" JIRA" with their respective tracking numbers. When a reported issue is reproduced and confirmed as a BUG we mark it as "Confirmed"here in the forum. We do our best to make sure all mentioned bugs are reported and The follow up is done internally.

Given that our Jira system where bugs are reported can't be accessed by users, i don't think adding a tracking number to this report would be more helpful.

Anyway, we will change the bug report format so that links with more details to specific mentioned bugs can be provided.

Thanks.

Thank you!
The latest beta .2700 came out with a nice list of fixed bugs, along with their respective IDs. This is a perfect way for someone to see if a bug reported by this someone is fixed in this version. However, we will need the same numbers listed for example in the heading/topic in the forum, so we know it is that bug. So, we don't need JIRA access to know whether a particular bug is solved or not. And maybe it will be much easier for you guys to mark a topic as solved/fixed.

At the moment I don't know if the quoted 'MX5BUG-1001 Certificate display issue' refers to a bug reported by me or not.

I hope this explanation and example helps.

On 1/15/2016 7:10:15, Dragoncho said:

Thank you!
The latest beta .2700 came out with a nice list of fixed bugs, along with their respective IDs. This is a perfect way for someone to see if a bug reported by this someone is fixed in this version. However, we will need the same numbers listed for example in the heading/topic in the forum, so we know it is that bug. So, we don't need JIRA access to know whether a particular bug is solved or not. And maybe it will be much easier for you guys to mark a topic as solved/fixed.

At the moment I don't know if the quoted 'MX5BUG-1001 Certificate display issue' refers to a bug reported by me or not.

I hope this explanation and example helps.

In the second bug fix report, for your reference, links to mentioned bugs have been provided :) http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18511-bug-fix-progress-vol2/

• -ody- unpinned this topic

Archived