Can I safe in MX all my browser data?

ddoe

Hi,
can I save in Maxthon all my browser data like Ads Filter, Options, Quick Access, Magic Fill, Favorites ... Etc, somehow easily (like export / import) to local PC disc, usb etc? I find export favorites and import user data from some browsers, but not export / import all data localy.

Thanks, but function to save this data will be better, than copy of some folder or some "tricks". I have Maxthon passport, but when I make clean install I already lost maxthon data (I dont know why). 

4 hours ago, ddoe said:

Thanks, but function to save this data will be better, than copy of some folder or some "tricks". I have Maxthon passport, but when I make clean install I already lost maxthon data (I dont know why). 

Some personal data is not synced because some settings are particular to each machine such as default zoom. Imagine if you have Maxthon installed on your pc and also on your laptop, you'd be forced to change your settings each time you opened the browser on either.

Or perhaps you could tell us which data you are losing. 

19 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Some personal data is not synced because some settings are particular to each machine such as default zoom. Imagine if you have Maxthon installed on your pc and also on your laptop, you'd be forced to change your settings each time you opened the browser on either.

Or perhaps you could tell us which data you are losing. 

agreed. it takes about to minutes to restore the settings I lose (like rapid tools, QA background and some settings in view...), but on the other hand I keep my favourites, magic fill entries, AB+ filters, etc... which is the essentail part  !

sigmax2.png

Browser data (personal data) I think all data, which will be the same on each PC like favorites, ads filters, quick access, magic fill, url alias, homepage, search engine management, mouse gesture, some options etc. 
This data, I would like export to some one file with strong encryption (with my password) and when I need I can import.   

30 minutes ago, ddoe said:

Browser data (personal data) I think all data, which will be the same on each PC like favorites, ads filters, quick access, magic fill, url alias, homepage, search engine management, mouse gesture, some options etc. 
This data, I would like export to some one file with strong encryption (with my password) and when I need I can import.   

That is exactly what using an account offers you, the ability to save all your settings literally using your password as an element of the encryption. You import it seamlessly by logging into your account. 

What you are asking for is already present.

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

That is exactly what using an account offers you, the ability to save all your settings literally using your password as an element of the encryption. You import it seamlessly by logging into your account. 

What you are asking for is already present.

That I understand, but when I did made clean install of Maxthon, my data was not being retrieved from maxthon passport (probably a mistake, maybe mine), but basically the "empty data" (no favorites, no filters, etc.). I'm so these data come back only thanks to the my backup.

This "export backup file" who I would like, can be for better for backup when something fail or for people who do not want use online Maxthon passport.

It would be nice to have a single option to backup all user profile data and automatically encrypt it with your Maxthon user password.

(Hmm.  That might be problematic if you changed your password and later wanted to access that backup.)

In the meantime, the best option is to back up the folder %appdata%/Roaming/Maxthon3/Users/%you%.  I back the whole Maxthon3 folder up periodically and always make a backup on the individual user folders before I upgrade (just in case).  You could .ZIP and encrypt that file and keep a copy on the cloud just to be extra -safe.

You may also be interested in what I discovered about restoring from backups when you're using Maxthon Cloud Sync.

I have never backed up any file from Maxthon starting from Maxthon 1 and have NEVER lost anything.  Even after formatting hard drives, doing completely clean install, which means that after I have uninstalled Maxthon, including all User Data, I do a clean sweep of the registry making sure there are no entries for Maxthon.  I just sign in with my Passport and everything is there exactly how I left it.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

13 minutes ago, Secret-HQ said:

It would be nice to have a single option to backup all user profile data and automatically encrypt it with your Maxthon user password.

(Hmm.  That might be problematic if you changed your password and later wanted to access that backup.)

In the meantime, the best option is to back up the folder %appdata%/Roaming/Maxthon3/Users/%you%.  I back the whole Maxthon3 folder up periodically and always make a backup on the individual user folders before I upgrade (just in case).  You could .ZIP and encrypt that file and keep a copy on the cloud just to be extra -safe.

You may also be interested in what I discovered about restoring from backups when you're using Maxthon Cloud Sync.

I meant it so, when I will be export or import data, it will be necessary enter password independent of Maxthon account. 

Just now, ddoe said:

I meant it so, when I will be export or import data, it will be necessary enter password independent of Maxthon account. 

As it currently stands, no:  Some of the files in Users/%you% are encrypted (those containing personal data, like Favorites.dat or MagicFill2.dat), but not all of them.  There's no way to open the encrypted files outside of Maxthon (even if you know the password).  All you can do with them in move them back into %appdata%/Roaming/Maxthon3/Users/%you% to restore them.  From there, Maxthon opens them as it needs them, based on the user name/password you entered when logging in.'

You can export Favorites as an unencrypted HTML file (which most other browsers can import from).  That's useful for moving your Favorites to another browser.  But most of the other settings are useless in other browsers and cannot be viewed outside of Maxthon.

20 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I have never backed up any file from Maxthon starting from Maxthon 1 and have NEVER lost anything.  Even after formatting hard drives, doing completely clean install, which means that after I have uninstalled Maxthon, including all User Data, I do a clean sweep of the registry making sure there are no entries for Maxthon.  I just sign in with my Passport and everything is there exactly how I left it.

You are happy user :) ... I had this problem unfortunately:(

Archived