×

Give a tip

Invalid Certificate Problem in Maxthon!!! Never had this problem before!!


Recommended Posts

This is the error that displays when i try to visit few websites............ PLEASE HELP ME FASTTTTTT ASAP!!!!

 

Invalid certificate

This site's certificate has expired or has been issued for a different website's address.
This problem may indicate an attempt to intercept the data between you and remote server. 
Please check whether the URL in the address bar is correct.

Error code 113 (net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH)

 

This problem is showing from maybe 3or more months........

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! Im UNABLE TO OPEN THE SITES I WANT

My system is Windows XP

ANYONE SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

error.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jessica Lily said:

This is the error that displays when i try to visit few websites............ PLEASE HELP ME FASTTTTTT ASAP!!!!

 

Invalid certificate

This site's certificate has expired or has been issued for a different website's address.
This problem may indicate an attempt to intercept the data between you and remote server. 
Please check whether the URL in the address bar is correct.

Error code 113 (net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH)

 

This problem is showing from maybe 3or more months........

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! Im UNABLE TO OPEN THE SITES I WANT

My system is Windows XP

ANYONE SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

error.png

If I'm right this isn't YOUR problem, it's the website's problem for having an invalid certificate.  If I'm right, you would see this error in every browser you try.

Confirm this by trying with another browser or two.  If confirmed, only the website can fix the error by getting and installing a valid certificate. 

I am surprised that they haven't gotten more complaints and fixed the problem.  3 months is a long time to tolerate this.

                            <<SL>>

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello and Thank you.....

You see that the same site which is unable to open up in mine is able to open in another computer in MAXTHON....

And @BugSir007 this is one of the site im unable to open up... https://www.template.net/

And to mention that few months back the websites used to open up in computer.......

So Please help me out on this

Regards

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jessica Lily said:

Hello and Thank you.....

You see that the same site which is unable to open up in mine is able to open in another computer in MAXTHON....

And @BugSir007 this is one of the site im unable to open up... https://www.template.net/

And to mention that few months back the websites used to open up in computer.......

So Please help me out on this

Regards

No problem here with page you mentioned.

You still didn't answer the questions - which version of Maxthon are you using?

First of all try to clear your cache and cookies in Maxthon - and then check this problematic site once again.

You could also perform clean Maxthon installation - here you'll find last stable version http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17794-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4481000-officially-released/ or newest beta http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18303-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4902400-beta-released/.

 

Here you'll find more infos about similar to your issue https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-113-net-err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch-unknown-error.1035904/ .

Try to follow steps from this thread.

 

1.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jessica Lily said:

Hello and Thank you.....

You see that the same site which is unable to open up in mine is able to open in another computer in MAXTHON....

And @BugSir007 this is one of the site im unable to open up... https://www.template.net/

And to mention that few months back the websites used to open up in computer.......

So Please help me out on this

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for more details.

Here on my side the page opens without any problem. I don't seem to see any certificate related issue at all.

If the same page is working fine on other computer in Maxthon, then it could be a particular issue with your current version.

As Magg mentioned above, please try to run a clean install of the last stable or beta version of Maxthon.

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jessica Lily said:

Well.. Thanks a lot quys....

1 question is where can i find my version of Maxthon??

and i have a lot of favourites if i uninstall then my FAVS r gone!

ANy help?

Click Maxthon Menu then navigate to About... (check my screenshot)

You can easily backup your favorites and other settings - just use Maxthon Passport for sync.

Then all your important things like favorites, saved passwords and so one will be saved to Cloud.

Thanks Cloud sync you don't need to worry about losing your settings.

 

Take a look also at this useful troubleshooting thread http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/13264-maxthon-troubleshooting-tips-and-tricks/

1.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7twenty changed the title to [WinPC Followup] Invalid Certificate Problem in Maxthon!!! Never had this problem before!! Help is required fast!!!!!!!

Hello guys....

I updates maxthon and i felt no changes.... same errors....

if this condition persists then i will have to leave maxthon forever which i don't want to...

Do you think the problem might be my computer..? Its super old and used Windows XP but the sites used to open up months back

Cant find out whats wrong...

:(

@magg @BugSir007 @SnowLeopard CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A SOLUTION????

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jessica Lily said:

Hello guys....

I updates maxthon and i felt no changes.... same errors....

if this condition persists then i will have to leave maxthon forever which i don't want to...

Do you think the problem might be my computer..? Its super old and used Windows XP but the sites used to open up months back

Cant find out whats wrong...

:(

@magg @BugSir007 @SnowLeopard CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A SOLUTION????

One thing to test that I do not recall you doing in this thread is trying to log in with another browser.  Try that.  It will help to determine if the error is a real invalid certificate or something else.

                               <<SL>>

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jessica Lily said:

Hello guys....

I updates maxthon and i felt no changes.... same errors....

if this condition persists then i will have to leave maxthon forever which i don't want to...

Do you think the problem might be my computer..? Its super old and used Windows XP but the sites used to open up months back

Cant find out whats wrong...

:(

@magg @BugSir007 @SnowLeopard CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A SOLUTION????

Hi again,

Does the same website work fine in other browsers?

Please make sure your computer system date and time is correct. If the time is wrong then Right-click on date and time shown in Taskbar notification area and select "Adjust date/time" option.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7twenty changed the title to [WinPC Followup] Invalid Certificate Problem in Maxthon!!! Never had this problem before!!

Hello Everyone! Thanks a Lot for your Patience, Love and Support!

Ive read @BugSir007 and @SnowLeopard answers and well actually they don't

The Time and Date is Correct in my computer @BugSir007

I only use Chrome and Maxthon so i tried to open the same in Chrome and and yes it opened but only selective websites which din't open in Maxthon ( There are still few websites that dont open up!! )

Has somebody else have the Same issue?? Due to this problem i'm unable to open up some of my major important sites... PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS!

And too remind that every website was working well and good in my computer maybe 2 months ago.. Till I remember this problem came up all of a sudden and I thought it will get ok by itself but the problem is Worsening day by day

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS! @BugSir007 @magg  @SnowLeopard

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jessica Lily said:

( There are still few websites that dont open up!! )

If other sites aren't working in Chrome as well, then there is something going on with the site or your PC. 

Try running the portable version of Maxthon and see what happens.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

i also have the same problem with a particular site. It started a few days ago saying that the site has an invalid certificate. It happens only to Maxthon, not to other browsers. (I tried it to Chrome and Firefox, all latest versions)

From what i saw, MX see the  ssl377474.cloudflaressl.com, the other browsers see the  ssl377476.cloudflaressl.com Common Name. and i don't know how to set MX to see the new certificate. I cleared all my cookies, history and cache, i updated the UA to latest version, i also exported the new certificate from Firefox and imported it into Maxthon, but the problem still exists.

I use MX 4.4.8.1000 Portable Win7 64bit, the date time are correct and the site is: https://tainies.online/

 

Thanks in advance for any help

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

Thanks -ody- for your answer and the site you suggested but my knowledge is low for starting modifications with root certificates or registry values.

In addition i don't understand why this issue is being only to Maxthon. I hope in next update that little problem will be fix.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AkisS said:

I use MX 4.4.8.1000 Portable Win7 64bit,

Are you using a passport account? If yes, what happens when you don't login and navigate to the site?

4 hours ago, AkisS said:

From what i saw, MX see the  ssl377474.cloudflaressl.com, the other browsers see the  ssl377476.cloudflaressl.com

Maxthon is seeing ssl377476 for me. Seems that it's not updating the certificate properly. Are the issued/valid to dates correct?

Also, do you have any security software (Kaspersky) running? If so, try disabling that temporarily and see if that helps.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Are you using a passport account? If yes, what happens when you don't login and navigate to the site?

Yes 7twenty,  i'm always connected to my passport. I  just logged out to test it, but nothing happened. The notification about the expired certificate is still here. 

I have Eset Smart Security running and Mx ABP. Disable them both, nothing changed. 

P.S. I forgot to mention that i can access the site. Sometimes Mx don't let me to refresh some pages and suggest me to Don't visit it or visit with my own risk. The same happens in my wife's laptop with Win7 32 bit. Because i updated Maxthon through portableapps.com i thought that there was some problem with the update. I just downloaded and run the same version from here, without logging to passport but it's the same again. 

OK, isn't that a big issue, it's just annoying. I love Maxthon, i use it from the MyIE2 time and it will be always my default browser with it's goods and bads. Like all i wait for Mx5 and i hope that it will be soon and everything will be fine.

Thank you all guys for all your work and help!

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On Sun Jan 10 2016 03:38:57 GMT+0530 (India Standard, 7twenty said:

If other sites aren't working in Chrome as well, then there is something going on with the site or your PC. 

Try running the portable version of Maxthon and see what happens.

I did try but in Vain... How does one fix the prob with my lap.. anyone any answer?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.