Testing Maxthon in Wine [Linux]

These days I've been testing Maxthon 4.9 on Linux and really amazing how well it works despite not being native to Linux.

In my tests I found an sudden closure error message of Maxthon.

Maxthon starts again, but when I try to start my Maxthon account, this is closed and show an error message. I had to delete the "Maxthon3" directory to fix the problem.

Well, although this is not  using natively Maxthon, is possible that this problem also be present in Windows. See attached file: report.txt

46 minutes ago, yona-tyt said:

Just delete these directories, you need not delete "Maxthon 3" completely. :arf:

Did you install 4.9 version over old Maxthon 4.4?

Because since this new branch 4.9 there is no more Maxthon3 folder.

In your case these leftovers from previous version may causing a problems.

That's why users should perform clean installation.

(Even on Linux via Wine)

3 hours ago, yona-tyt said:

It's strange because I'm using the v4.9 and it seems the "Maxthon3" directory is not gone.

The installation is completely clean, I am very aware of this (not my first time by here).

I'm not sure what Magg was referring to, but yes, installing 4.9 does create an Maxthon3 folder.

3 hours ago, yona-tyt said:

It's strange because I'm using the v4.9 and it seems the "Maxthon3" directory is not gone.

The installation is completely clean, I am very aware of this (not my first time by here).

14 minutes ago, PHYR said:

I'm not sure what Magg was referring to, but yes, installing 4.9 does create an Maxthon3 folder.

Sorry - you're both right.

My mistake.

For my excuse I just can say that I'm not using Mx 4.9 (tried only few times - most portable version).

Long time ago when I checked on VM one of 4.9 builds (installation ver.) I could swear that there wasn't any Mx3 folder.

But yeah - I'm just old and blind :wink:.

Just tried latest 4.9 and of course there is Mx3 folder in AppData.

Sorry for confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived