UNable to import user data from Firefox

Hello,

After having a continued problem with history displaying correctly Firefox 43, I've decided to use Maxthon again :arf:

However, after reading all the problems with 4.9, I'm using 4.4.8 - the seemingly last stable Maxthon browser.

I WAS able to import user data from Chrome...but NOT from Firefox.

Anybody else had this problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanking you in advance....

18 hours ago, kailasa108 said:

Hello,

After having a continued problem with history displaying correctly Firefox 43, I've decided to use Maxthon again :arf:

However, after reading all the problems with 4.9, I'm using 4.4.8 - the seemingly last stable Maxthon browser.

This is a bit round-about, but since you can import from Chrome, use Chrome as a bridge from Firefox 43 to Maxthon.

Step 1: Export or backup your Chrome user data.

Step 2: Import your Firefox user data into Chrome (this yields a merging of the two data sets, maybe in subfolers (e.g., Favorites).)

Step 3. Import into Maxthon from Chrome.  You might want to recreate the user data in a clean run of Maxthon before doing this to avoid duplicate Chrome entries.

Step 4: Restore your Chrome user data back to what it was from the Step 1 backup.

I do make an assumption above at Step 2, i.e., that you can import user date into Chrome from Firefox.

<<SL>>

On 1/1/2016 8:12:07, kailasa108 said:

Hello,

Hi,

Welcome back to Maxthon.

May we know the problem you encountered while importing from Firefox?

To add on what have been suggested above, you can also import from export from HTML file after exporting firefox data to HTML file:)

Archived