[RESOLVED] Favorites Sidebar Missing in Action in 4.9.0.2400

Secret-HQ

Not related to the other issues I'm experiencing with Favorites Sidebar in 4.9.0.2400 (as far as I know), the Favorites Sidebar has suddenly stopped working entirely.

It still loads fine on other computers, but on this one (Windows 10 x64), I get Error code 300 whenever I attempt to load the Favorites Sidebar — from any Maxthon user account.  The Favorites Manager still loads fine, across all accounts.

Maxthon.4.9.0.2400.FavoritesSidebar.Error300.png

The Favorites Manager still loads fine, across all accounts.

Any ideas?

Same here sometimes it loads the favorites (but slowly) sometimes it doesn't load at all. If it does load after a wait the next time you open it after closing it is at the normal fast speed. The small yellow star icon at the left of the favorite bar works perfectly and very fast. So does the main Favorites page in the menu.

11 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

I experienced the same problem once, but now everything is working fine. Could have been a problem with the server.

Please let us know if the problem occur again.

Will do.  In my case, I'm pretty sure it was a local issue.  I happened to have three PCs up at the time and checked on the other two, as well.  ;)

Hmmm.  Does Maxthon poll the server every time it loads the sidebar?  Perhaps if it did that less frequently, we might be able to eliminate some of the lag seen in recent betas.  I can't speak for other users, but I'd be perfectly happy with longer open and close times if Maxthon did more of its handshakes with the cloud during these times than when the browser is open and in use —

Archived