×

Give a tip

Maxthon BUG: same thumbnails in speed-deal (express-panel)


Zanzibar

Recommended Posts

Hello!
 
I love Maxthon. I'm using Maxthon for Years...
 
But unfortunately I stack in old version 4.4.8.1000 because in new versions thumbnails on start pages are the same.
 
Please check first screenshots (latest version) in attach and compare with second screenshot (old ver. 4.4.1.5000)
 
As you can see in latest version all thumbnails for Livejournal are the same!
 
Please fix this bug.
 
All I need are real screenshots (not brand logo) for different LJ web-pages. For example:
 
Please reply what you thing about it!
 
Thanks in advance! :)
 
---
Igor

Maxthon 4.4.6.1000 (LATEST) with BUG 1.png

Maxthon 4.4.1.5000 (old) ALL OK!.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zanzibar said:
Hello!
 
I love Maxthon. I'm using Maxthon for Years...
 
But unfortunately I stack in old version 4.4.8.1000 because in new versions thumbnails on start pages are the same.
 
Please check first screenshots (latest version) in attach and compare with second screenshot (old ver. 4.4.1.5000)
 
As you can see in latest version all thumbnails for Livejournal are the same!
 
Please fix this bug.
 
All I need are real screenshots (not brand logo) for different LJ web-pages. For example:
 
Please reply what you thing about it!
 
Thanks in advance! :)
 
---
Igor

Maxthon 4.4.6.1000 (LATEST) with BUG 1.png

Maxthon 4.4.1.5000 (old) ALL OK!.png

I get screenshots on 4.9.0.2400 etc.  You can choose whether to have screenshots or tiles as shown here:
5682ae73e9fc4_Newtab_QA_settings_2015122 

In the middle you can choose tiles (left) or screen shots (right).  I don't know if Live Journal is like YouTube or Hulu home page with just a tile-like page or not.  In my case, most of my marked sites are screen shot pages that are very distinctive.  In fact the tiles are very much a problem for me for reasons similar to your complaint.

                            <<SL>>

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I don't know if Live Journal is like YouTube or Hulu home page with just a tile-like page or not.

That seems to be the case with LiveJournal pages.  I tried adding a few here, and they all have the LiveJournal splash logo rather than screenshots (which is what I use in QuickAccess, too).

@Zanzibar's original post says he was getting screenshots in Maxthon 4.4.1.5000, so it looks like the devs add LiveJournal.com to the list of domains for which Maxthon provides blanket splash logo thumbnails instead of screenshots sometime after that version.

Personally, I'd rather Maxthon didn't override the screenshot setting for a few select sites — especially on domains like LiveJournal.com and WordPress.com, where the subdomains are distinctive and have their own identities tied barely (if at all) to the main domain, which is basically just a hosting service.  Maxthon's splash logos for these sites are keen (and I wish we could make our own!), but they get in the way of identifiying such sites at a glance.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Wed Dec 30 2015 01:44:34 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Summer, Zanzibar said:

I stack in old version 4.4.8.1000 because in new versions thumbnails on start pages are the same.

http://ellustrator.livejournal.com/

Edit your link and add an extra backslash (/) so it becomes http:///ellustrator.livejournal.com/

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Edit your link and add an extra backslash (/) so it becomes http:///ellustrator.livejournal.com/

Thanx, that worked on the few sites where the thumbnail wasn't working. Engadget only displayed the title until I used this trick, now I get the screenshot!

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.