[WinPC Confirmed] Snap & printscreen key

Orlith

41 minutes ago, Orlith said:

Hi

I just notice that the snap app always catch the "printscreen" key 

- Isn't that supposed to use ONLY CTRL+F1 ?

- anyway to deactivate the printscreen association or deactivating snap ?

Thx

W10. running v4.9.0.2400

I just noticed that too in Win 7.  But why on earth would you want to disable that?  ... provided that the association only exists so long as Maxthon is the active window.

I find it very convenient and in fact better than Windows own PrintScreen snapshot capability.  With Maxthon's you know what's happening and "where did it go?" is obvious.

<<SL>>

<<SL>>

@ SL Windows 10 has it's own Snap feature offering several advantages over MxSnap, such as voice over and video capture. There is no longer the problem of "where did it go".

@Orlith: The devs are aware of the problem, as a matter of fact its fixed in the latest internal test version.

Clipboard03.jpg

20 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I just noticed that too in Win 7.  But why on earth would you want to disable that?  ... provided that the association only exists so long as Maxthon is the active window.

You may occasionally need to capture the whole screen including the proscenium of Maxthon's UI "framing" a page.  Or you may be performing multiple screen captures, not all of which are in Maxthon, as part of a series; in that case, you wouldn't want to switch tools to Maxthon Snap for one or two and break up your rhythm.

I've found it an annoyance too, not being able to choose whether or not I want to use Snap when Maxthon has focus.  I use Snap often, but not exclusively.

18 hours ago, PHYR said:

@Orlith: The devs are aware of the problem, as a matter of fact its fixed in the latest internal test version.

Great news!

Maxthon Snap having the ability to take over the PrtScn key when Maxthon has focus seems like a great idea — as long as it's optional and can be disabled in the browser settings.

7 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

You may occasionally need to capture the whole screen including the proscenium of Maxthon's UI "framing" a page.  Or you may be performing multiple screen captures, not all of which are in Maxthon, as part of a series; in that case, you wouldn't want to switch tools to Maxthon Snap for one or two and break up your rhythm.

I've found it an annoyance too, not being able to choose whether or not I want to use Snap when Maxthon has focus.  I use Snap often, but not exclusively.

Great news!

Maxthon Snap having the ability to take over the PrtScn key when Maxthon has focus seems like a great idea — as long as it's optional and can be disabled in the browser settings.

MxSnap can capture anything prtscn can capture, it is not restricted to Maxthon. The only requisite is that Maxthon be running, not necessary to be focused or open. It also used to have the ability to capture menus such as page or video right click which it can no longer do(with Mx4.9) as can't prtscn.

10 hours ago, PHYR said:

MxSnap can capture anything prtscn can capture, it is not restricted to Maxthon. The only requisite is that Maxthon be running, not necessary to be focused or open. It also used to have the ability to capture menus such as page or video right click which it can no longer do(with Mx4.9) as can't prtscn.

In that case, I could see a case for Maxthon (maybe) taking over the PrtScn key — but to do so without asking is overstepping.

I use Gadwin PrintScreen, which I have assigned to the PrtScn key.  I use Maxthon Snap for full-page captures of Web pages and quick captures of sections of a Web page.  For those, it can't be beat.  But Gadwin allows me to upsample screenshots, which comes in handy if you're trying to get something in high-enough resolution to use in print.  It also allows me to cycle through lots of open windows and get screenshots in a hurry.  I can still use it with Maxthon 4.9.0.2400; Gadwin takes its screenshot first, then MxSnap's capture-cropper comes into view, at which point I define the capture area and click "X" to cancel Maxthon's capture, whereupon I'm returned to Gadwin's confirmation/options dialogue.  Bit of a pain, though.

Great feature, but (as is my usual refrain :wink:) it should be configurable at the user's discretion.

Archived