Retro Mode Development

ddn2003

Will there be any development on Retro Mode. It currently is only up to IE 7. IE 11 is the standard right now. I would like to see it updated as I have to use it for some sites and it's really annoying to be told I'm using an old version of IE.

User Agent String:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

14 minutes ago, ddn2003 said:

Will there be any development on Retro Mode. It currently is only up to IE 7. IE 11 is the standard right now. I would like to see it updated as I have to use it for some sites and it's really annoying to be told I'm using an old version of IE.

User Agent String:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

You're wrong about Retro Mode version.

Retro Mode uses always the same IE's Trident engine which you have installed on your PC.

What's your OS and IE version?

Make sure that you have enabled "standard rendering in Retro mode" under Advanced options in Maxthon settings.

Bez tytułu3.jpg

Bez tytułu2.jpg

Bez tytułu.jpg

3 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

What happens if we have Edge not IE.

IE is still a part of Windows 10.

So don't worry :wink:

EDIT: In all Windows version IE's engine is very important. It's not only a browser.

A lot of OS's services and programs are dependent on IE.

1 hour ago, magg said:

IE is still a part of Windows 10.

So don't worry :wink:

EDIT: In all Windows version IE's engine is very important. It's not only a browser.

A lot of OS's services and programs are dependent on IE.

Actually they are dependent on Trident just as IE is...

Archived