Slowdown when moving from 2200 to 2400?

Slow as hell. Some sites impossible to use, f.e. - LiveJournal's friends feed.

Status bar shows "Processing request..." and page is unresponsive. No scrolling, no mouse clicks.

Edit: Looks like global browser freeze. Open page, open some links from page - page is unresponsive until all tabs is loaded

4 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

Slow as hell. Some sites impossible to use, f.e. - LiveJournal's friends feed.

Status bar shows "Processing request..." and page is unresponsive. No scrolling, no mouse clicks.

Edit: Looks like global browser freeze. Open page, open some links from page - page is unresponsive until all tabs is loaded

While not comparing 2200 and 2400, I did run 2400 through the Peacekeeper benchmark suite and found 4.9.0.2400 is running at about 75% of the better 4.4.8 results.  That is a big regression.

I had not noticed much difference between 2200 and 2400, probably because the sites I visit aren't affected.

<<SL>>

It is slow. AdBlock seems to cycle through a page a couple of times and then the browser hangs temporarily. On some sites it also makes certain texts disappear as if Ad Block thinks the texts are ads when they are titles with urls attached. Actually, both 2200 and 2400 now have a behavior similar to UC Browser. 2200 is a welcome improvement over earlier Maxthon browsers with Ad Block.

I haven't seen a slowdown but it's a pain in the ass to install correctly. If you've installed directly over a previous version delete the "Webkit" folder in Maxthon/Core ( you only need Blink and Trident) and replace the pepflashplayer.dll inBlink folder with a more up to date one. Here's the latest. Just download and paste into folder.

pepflashplayer.dll

On 12/30/2015, 12:31:40, Magdalene said:

I haven't seen a slowdown but it's a pain in the ass to install correctly. If you've installed directly over a previous version delete the "Webkit" folder in Maxthon/Core ( you only need Blink and Trident) and replace the pepflashplayer.dll inBlink folder with a more up to date one. Here's the latest. Just download and paste into folder.

pepflashplayer.dll

I've also found you can use the NPSWF32_x_x_x.dll if it is renamed pepflashplayer.dll.  I've not encountered any problems using it.  Of course I've not tried all videos, so there might be unknown surprises.

Note that in Nitro both NPSWF and pepflashplayer work now without renaming.  Maybe that will come to 4.9.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

pepflashplayer.dll

Bah, I'm using 4.4.8 as portable and just install 4.9.exe

I originally overwrote the previous 4.4.8.1000 portable version I had with 2400 and it was abysmally slow on any dynamic/scripted/html5 kind of pages. They would both take forever to load and regularly freeze while trying to do anything on them. Clean install didn't fare any better. I really don't like the forced cleartype either.

@ UntamedLoli. Have you tried deleting every folder in the installed Portable version except the User Data folder prior to installing new version. I found that worked for me. I also found the Portable version has problems the .exe version doesn't. I don't know if they are the fault of the browser, my setup or Windows 10.

Archived