New Generation Maxthon Browser Let Me Down :(

MAXSHARK

The BBC website was hacked (denial of service) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35213415 over New Year perhaps that was the problem. I agree The Telegraph website is very slow and clogs browsers very quickly. Check your Maxthon/core folder and delete the WEebkit folder if you have it (you only need Blink and Trident and update your Pepflashplayer.dll to this one http://forum.maxthon.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11760

21 hours ago, Magdalene said:

The BBC website was hacked (denial of service) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35213415 over New Year perhaps that was the problem. I agree The Telegraph website is very slow and clogs browsers very quickly. Check your Maxthon/core folder and delete the WEebkit folder if you have it (you only need Blink and Trident and update your Pepflashplayer.dll to this one http://forum.maxthon.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11760

I've actually been asleep during the BBC DDoS attacks and not experienced any problems with them! Just slow in Maxthon. Loads fine in Edge. Never had trouble with the Telegraph before 4.9 either.

No WebKit folder, but I've updated the DLL (thanks!) and things do seem to be loading faster - still nowhere near as quick as they should be though.

27 minutes ago, AaronX said:

I've actually been asleep during the BBC DDoS attacks and not experienced any problems with them! Just slow in Maxthon. Loads fine in Edge. Never had trouble with the Telegraph before 4.9 either.

No WebKit folder, but I've updated the DLL (thanks!) and things do seem to be loading faster - still nowhere near as quick as they should be though.

The next version of Maxthon will address a problem with loading some pages.

On Mon Dec 28 2015 08:56:23 GMT+0200 (Turkey Standard, BugSir007 said:

Hi guys,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

The problem of black screen when playing some videos has been reported before but we are still figuring out what could be the causing this issue.

Current versions are supposed to support win XP, unless if the installer pckage is corrupt, otherwise it should work. May we know how you installation process that lef to failure? 

For the high RAM usage issue, please take a screenshot and let us see how much amount of RAM tabs are using.

Regarding the display of link address at the bottom of page , this function was missed, I just reported it to our Jira system. It will be added in future version:)

Thanks.

Hi Bugsir,

I have uploaded two screenshots. I have opened the website below and opened some links on it, a total of 10 tabs:

http://www.aksam.com.tr/

For the new beta version of Maxthon, it uses about 200-300 MB more RAM. And those tabs are normal websites with no load of flash or videos etc.

So,new generation on Maxthon uses more RAM, much more RAM.

PS. Video issue has been fixed in mx4.9.0.2600-beta but display of link address at the bottom of page remained unfixed :(

4-4.jpg

4-9.jpg

Hi guys

I've installed the recent beta version and had to revert back to 4.4.8.1000 immediately because of the one main issue: the beta version doesn't allow me to use a  Socks5 proxy with authentication... it says Error code 120 (net::ERR_SOCKS_CONNECTION_FAILED)
I've been using Maxthon for years because of this feature to watch BBC iPlayer  from abroad, as your browser is THE ONLY one around that actually supports this option! well, at least all the previous versions supported it.... so please don't take it away!

Also, would be awesome if you made it totally compatible with HTML5, as I haven't been able to watch Eurosport Player on Maxthon so far (I can watch it on Chrome but again, Chrome doesn't support SOCKS5 proxies so I cant watch British Eurosport).

Anyway, I hope what I said above makes any sense to you as I'm by far not an advanced user... Keep the great job going!

Roman

Hi Roman983,

Thank you for using Maxthon and being so loyal.

Here i'm using MX4.9.0.2600 the latest beta version and my Socks5 proxy is working fine.

I tired to open Eurosport Player but i couldn't access it because it not available in my country, that's what the notification says.

May we see your proxy error notification? You could post a screenshot here. And please let us see your proxy configuration.

We will conduct a test accordingly to see if we can reproduce the same issue.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi Roman983,

Thank you for using Maxthon and being so loyal.

Here i'm using MX4.9.0.2600 the latest beta version and my Socks5 proxy is working fine.

I tired to open Eurosport Player but i couldn't access it because it not available in my country, that's what the notification says.

May we see your proxy error notification? You could post a screenshot here. And please let us see your proxy configuration.

We will conduct a test accordingly to see if we can reproduce the same issue.

Thanks.

Thanks, I sent you a private message (hope it was private!) cause I cant share logon details in public

On Fri Jan 08 2016 20:18:38 GMT+0200 (Turkey Standard, MAXSHARK said:

Hi Bugsir,

I have uploaded two screenshots. I have opened the website below and opened some links on it, a total of 10 tabs:

http://www.aksam.com.tr/

For the new beta version of Maxthon, it uses about 200-300 MB more RAM. And those tabs are normal websites with no load of flash or videos etc.

So,new generation on Maxthon uses more RAM, much more RAM.

PS. Video issue has been fixed in mx4.9.0.2600-beta but display of link address at the bottom of page remained unfixed :(

4-4.jpg

4-9.jpg

Hello,

These issues above remain unfixed in the latest beta version.

1 hour ago, MAXSHARK said:

Thanks for replying the thread.Could you please try the following websites, maybe it is specific with those web sites?

tried 5 tabs, ie and maxthon, and maxthon uses obviously more ram than ie (7 process for maxthon, and 5 for ie)

ram.thumb.png.2316ed24754e92a324571cc440

sigmax2.png

4 minutes ago, -ody- said:

tried 5 tabs, ie and maxthon, and maxthon uses obviously more ram than ie (7 process for maxthon, and 5 for ie)

ram.thumb.png.2316ed24754e92a324571cc440

Yes, I can see that, but do you consider it "excessive"?  In my example, it's only using 870Mb out of 8GB, which I don't think is excessive.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

The problem with recent browsers. There will be sadly not much much browsers left who are really single process. Almost every future browser will be using multi process  which means that each tab and each add-on requires one special thread for itself. And yes, that needs tons of memory if you are a tab or add-on collector. The sad state of browser technology today, and sadly that is what most users and what industry today wants.

58 minutes ago, VampireLestat said:

Almost every future browser will be using multi process  which means that each tab and each add-on requires one special thread for itself. And yes, that needs tons of memory if you are a tab or add-on collector. The sad state of browser technology today, and sadly that is what most users and what industry today wants.

On the plus side, newer machines DO offer what would once have been considered an obscene amount of RAM, and we don't have to deal with browser crashes as often from misloaded pages and JavaScript errors.

3 minutes ago, Secret-HQ said:

On the plus side, newer machines DO offer what would once have been considered an obscene amount of RAM, and we don't have to deal with browser crashes as often from misloaded pages and JavaScript errors.

Partly only. Like it is for example now in Chromium 48 and 49 builds there is a nasty bug around, watch a page with embedded audio or video and you experience quite often during tab closing a full browser crash. The benefit of multi process brought also tons of possibilities for several nasty bugs, especially where Google decided to rip out NPAPI out of Chromium source.

All in all, single process has provided more stability and was much lighter on memory use than multi process. Needlessly to say, i am no fan of multi process browsers, but it still can not be avoided if you want a browser which is fully up to date and has recent web draft support which is needed by more and more pages.

Archived