[WinPC Confirmed] [4.9.0.2400] Browser blockong taskbar

roguelike

23 hours ago, roguelike said:

As topic title said - new beta blocks taskbar and only thing to switch between softwares is alt-tab. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnUUaaxHc4

Not happening here running 4.9.0.2400 on win 7.

567d6a55d0803_Not4.9.0.2400blockingtaskb

Are you in a different version?  Which?

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

Not happening here running 4.9.0.2400 on win 7.

Are you in a different version?  Which?

<<SL>>

You aren't using auto hide task bar, if you were I think you'd see the problem.(At least that is what I'm guessing the OP is referring to) It's odd because if you have 2 instances opened on separate monitors the task bar will show when moving cursor to bottom of screen.

28 minutes ago, PHYR said:

You aren't using auto hide task bar, if you were I think you'd see the problem.(At least that is what I'm guessing the OP is referring to) It's odd because if you have 2 instances opened on separate monitors the task bar will show when moving cursor to bottom of screen.

You are right.  I did use it for a while but gave it up.  Never noticed the problem with Maxthon; it just got to be inconvenient for me.  All thagt was before 4.9 came on the scene.

<<SL>>

14 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

You are right.  I did use it for a while but gave it up.  Never noticed the problem with Maxthon; it just got to be inconvenient for me.

<<SL>>

I really have to use maxthon at 90% size just to avoid the problem which I'm not at all happy with. I'm not a KB person, the mouse is my friend! Nor am I a UI person, auto hide is where it's at! Having to use the Windows button or a gesture to exit fullscreen each time I want to do something is a real pain, especially when you are used to it happening automatically.(there is no gesture for task bar that I'm aware of)

Even with multiple instances, it is necessary to focus the other instance to have the task bar show on the instance you are working on.

Not at all convenient to say the least!!!!!

On 25/12/2015 18:55:12, PHYR said:

I really have to use maxthon at 90% size just to avoid the problem which I'm not at all happy with. I'm not a KB person, the mouse is my friend! Nor am I a UI person, auto hide is where it's at! Having to use the Windows button or a gesture to exit fullscreen each time I want to do something is a real pain, especially when you are used to it happening automatically.(there is no gesture for task bar that I'm aware of)

Even with multiple instances, it is necessary to focus the other instance to have the task bar show on the instance you are working on.

Not at all convenient to say the least!!!!!

same issue with windows taskbar auto-hide mode (both 2200 installer version, and 2400 portable) :  maxthon is always on top

sigmax2.png

39 minutes ago, -ody- said:

2nd time I post about this issue and it seems to be ignored... :(

Bugsir007 may you please  take a look at this , this issue makes this version unusuable for me and I have to go back to 4.4.8.1000

If you have multiple monitors, open Mx in the other, it partially fixes the issue.

15 hours ago, -ody- said:

2nd time I post about this issue and it seems to be ignored... :(

Bugsir007 may you please  take a look at this , this issue makes this version unusuable for me and I have to go back to 4.4.8.1000

Hi,

Really sorry for not confirming with you intime. I'm looking at this problem right now.

The good news is that this problem has been addressed in Mx4.9.0.2500...It will be released soon.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Really sorry for not confirming with you intime. I'm looking at this problem right now.

The good news is that this problem has been addressed in Mx4.9.0.2500...It will be released soon.

Thanks.

There is no change that I can see with M4.9.0.2500 that I d/loaded from the ftp this morning....unless its been worked on since.

I'll try a clean install to see if it helps

Edit: no change that I can see...still can't show status task bar while in fullscreen or maximized.

I can if I open a second instance and place it on a separate monitor, then task bar on both monitors is accessible if I click on the other monitor then hover task bar on my main monitor. This could all be because of my strange setup, 3 different sized monitors at three different settings. Then again, other browsers don't display this behavior.

Archived