4.9.0.2200 crashes when started with the default Maxthon 3 theme

Dragoncho

After installing 4.9.0.2200 beta over the 4.8.0.600 beta, which was running without any problems with the default Maxthon 3 theme with the logo in the top left corner, the new beta crashes on startup. The problem was solved with deleting the config.ini file for the skin. It is stated in the changelog for this beta that it does not support skin changing, which may be the cause for this issue. I have been waiting since the release of Maxthon 4 for the 'old' Maxthon 3 skin to be adapted and fortunately found a way to activate it.

12 minutes ago, PHYR said:

It is possible to change/save skins you create yourself using the skin selector.

Edit: The ability to move tabs above or below the address bar doesn't function yet.

Thanks for the hint.  But how do you get skins INTO the skin selector in 4.9.0.x?  

I know about editing 0.dat and 1.dat.  And I know you can save skins.  But switching is limited to just 3 skins.  I was hoping there would be a skin loader like in Mx3 at least for packed skins.

I did find it possible to move the tabbar.  My experiment was moving it to the bottom.  Moving it under the navbar is just another target location.  But that's all manual until the switch in skin selector is activated.

<<SL>>

20 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I saved my skin files in  a previous version of Maxthon and stored them in my maxthon Folder.

MaxthonSnap20151223220514.png

Unfortunately I cannot get *.mxskin files to associate with Maxthon 4.9.  When I do the right-click & OPEN Win 7 gives me the "Open with what?" dialog and Maxthon is not listed and does not become listed when I navigate to it and select it.  So I guess I can't load skins although I can switch skins which are basically just Themes not skins.

So far the only skins I've got are done by editing 0.dat/1.dat ... mostly 0.dat.

I wonder if the problem is Win 7 vs. Win 10 which I think you are running?

<<SL>>

I'm on Win 10. It's funny you can't import Skins and I can't import Background Images. There's obviously some conflicts going on between 4.9 and the various OS's. I'm sure they'll be ironed out over time. Does anybody know what OS the Devs were using? I agree Maxthon Skins are really Themes.

9 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I'm on Win 10. It's funny you can't import Skins and I can't import Background Images. There's obviously some conflicts going on between 4.9 and the various OS's. I'm sure they'll be ironed out over time. Does anybody know what OS the Devs were using? I agree Maxthon Skins are really Themes.

Well I have made some baby steps into real skins as shown in my post here (ignoring the bottom tabs for now): http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18296-tabs-on-bottom/&do=findComment&comment=94901

Everything but the bottom tabs is in skin.css.  The bottom tabs have some undesirable side effects that I haven't resolved yet.

Tony is right ... skins can work even old ones.

<<SL>>

Archived