Chinese text in status bar

djura176

14 minutes ago, m3zzncolchester said:

hi all my browser had suddenly started coming up with japanese wrting down the bottom of the screen 

everything is in english apart from a small bar down the bottom i shall provide a screen shot 

look down the bottom of the shot you will see it 

any help please

Screenshot 2015-12-23 15.53.35.png

See this: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18290-status-bar/#comment-94874

1 hour ago, m3zzncolchester said:

hi all my browser had suddenly started coming up with japanese wrting down the bottom of the screen 

everything is in english apart from a small bar down the bottom i shall provide a screen shot 

look down the bottom of the shot you will see it 

any help please

Screenshot 2015-12-23 15.53.35.png

What makes you think they are Japanese writing? Since this browser is developed in China by a Chinese development team, I would think that what you are seeing are Chinese characters.

• 7twenty changed the title to Chinese text in status bar

Please see image attached.  At the bottom of the maxthon page, just above the taskbar, there is an image & clickable link that have just begun to appear.  The image & the link change.  What is it & how do I get rid of it???  I did a virus scan in case the cause was a virus, but it is still there.  Please Help!!  Thank you, in advance.

IMG_0204.JPG

I got up this morning to the exact same thing.

Does anybody know what caused it, because it happened all of a sudden. I've been using Maxthon for about a year, and I actually love it, but this was troubling. I got a block notice from McAfee saying a site had been blocked because it was potentially malicious. I've never gotten that before, either, so I wonder if they're tied together?

I did go to settings and unclicked the box. The text is gone and I feel better, but I still have questions about what caused it. 

Hi guys,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

The notification push on status bar was meant for chinese users. It was mistakenly pushed to international version users.

As suggested above, please temporarily disable "Show Tips and Tricks on Status Bar" under General--Status bar settings. We'll address this problem very soon.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

The notification in status bar was meant for Maxthon chinese users. It was mistakenly sent to international version users.

We are still looking for a solution to this issue.

In meantime, please disable " Show Tips and Tricks on Status Bar " option in General--Status bar settings.

Thanks for your support!

Archived