Update issue

jerber

I have downloaded the latest beta version several times and tried to update. It look like it is doing something but then it quits, show a white screen of maxthon and stops. This has happened in retro also. I have also tried a clean install but the same thing is happening. Need help please.

If it's the latest beta update why are you expecting it to find an update?

Let's start with which version you are using...

Using version M4.9.0.2200 which is only found here in the forum, update tells me I'm already up to date. This version will not be found if trying to update from 4.4.8.1000.

I guess I am not explaning well. I had the latest Maxthon and at this time I don't remember what it was. I tried to update that version with M4.9.0.2200. That is the version that will not work. To use the Forum i am using an older version I had on my pc.v4.4.5.1200. I can not get 4.9.9.2200 to work on this pc or my other pc.

3 hours ago, jerber said:

I guess I am not explaning well. I had the latest Maxthon and at this time I don't remember what it was. I tried to update that version with M4.9.0.2200. That is the version that will not work. To use the Forum i am using an older version I had on my pc.v4.4.5.1200. I can not get 4.9.9.2200 to work on this pc or my other pc.

Hi,

Sorry for this issue.

What is you OS?

Please send us your %appdata% file if the browser is quitting after installation. We will dig deep to find out the cause of the problem.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, jerber said:

It is recommended to do a clean install of M4.9.0.2200 or install the portable version which will not interfere with your previous build.

On 20/12/2015 21:42:37, jerber said:

I have downloaded the latest beta version several times and tried to update. It look like it is doing something but then it quits, show a white screen of maxthon and stops. This has happened in retro also. I have also tried a clean install but the same thing is happening. Need help please.

I had a similar problem on Windows 10. After the install on this beta version of Maxthon, the browser started blank and closed immediately. I suspected just a problem of "displaying" because maxthon seemed to launch correctly in the background. I fixed this by reinstalling the previous stable version, reset my custom theme (a theme created by a maxthon contributor) to the default Maxthon skin, and retried the installation of the beta. And it works as of now. Maybe you have the same situation.

Archived