Problem: With 4.9.0.2200-beta cannot log into ABC Watch

I have a problem with 4.9.0.2200-beta release on abc.go.com.  ABC Watch is required to view full episodes soon after they are broadcast.

My TV provider is Verizon FIOS.  To log into ABC Watch I must select my TV provider on this screen

abc_watch_cable_select.thumb.png.6c577d4

I slect Verizon and log in with my account name and password.  The site proceeds to verify my account credentials and then just returns to the same TV provider dialog in the image.

I do not have this problem with 4.4.8.1000 and previous versions back to when ABC put ABC Watch into full effect.

There is an extended list of TV providers to open with the link in the lower left box, so that those who might try to verify have a broader selection of TV providers.

<<SL>>

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since we do not have ABC account it is hard for me to test this issue, however i tried and entered a random account and the page didn't return to the TV provider dialog , i got an identity manager error instead...

Does the same problem  occur if your browser account is not lgged in?

1 hour ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since we do not have ABC account it is hard for me to test this issue, however i tried and entered a random account and the page didn't return to the TV provider dialog , i got an identity manager error instead...

Does the same problem  occur if your browser account is not lgged in?

I tried while disconnected from my Passport account and got the same result as abovve.  No error, just a return to the TV provider selection screen after the site attempted to verify my account information.  Note, it is my assumption that it is abc.go.com that is verifying my account info; it might be verizon.com which is failing ... I just don't know.  I guess examination fo the page code might tell where the failure is.

<<SL>>

10 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I tried while disconnected from my Passport account and got the same result as abovve.  No error, just a return to the TV provider selection screen after the site attempted to verify my account information.  Note, it is my assumption that it is abc.go.com that is verifying my account info; it might be verizon.com which is failing ... I just don't know.  I guess examination fo the page code might tell where the failure is.

<<SL>>

@BugSir007:  I have visited the Verizon.com website and logged into my account.  Since the last time (some time ago) that I last logged in they changed the login process to be a two-page process similar to Google+ but with some security additions.  The user name and password still work, but I don't know if abc.go.com's form feeding has been updated to work with Verizon's new login process.

Also since my last post I tried logging in using Firefox 43.0.1.  I was successful in logging in with Firefox.  But my earlier tries with now both Mx 4.9.0.2300 and Mx 4.4.8.1000 fail to complete a login.  Something changed in 4.4.8.1000; I don't know what but now it no longer will log in either.

The success with Firefox login means, I think, that the verification process between ABC Watch and Verizon is working.  But not for Maxthon brrowsers Mx 4.4.8.1000 and Mx 4.9.0.2400.

<<SL>>

Archived