V4.9.0.2200 Beta - the first Errors

Chantao

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2015, 3:39:56, Foo Bar said:

My Win7 Start bar is on the left (instead of default bottom position) ; when I restart Mx, the Mx windows is shifted left by, approximatively, the size of the Win7 start bar.

This odd behavior is new new beta version, it's working fine on Mx 4 & Nitro.

I just positioned task bar on the left of the screen, but when i  restart Mx, Mx window is not shifted at all. Tried both maximized and restored size.

Oh my ... well I love the browser but with this beta version I got a lot of bugs. This if the first beta version that I can't deal with it and probably I'll go back with an stable version.

• Very noticeable delay when switching tabs
  • Very noticeable delay when I scroll down (more than 1 second)
  • Very noticeable delay after pressing the reload buttom
  • Delay for load the content of websites, for trying to do maxthon more fastest, the pages are not loading properly (facebook, youtube, gmail, even google translate and many more-mostly websites with images-) and my internet is not that fast I have 2 Mb/s. Only reloading again it works good.
  • I can't write correctly the text in the url box, when I type some letters maybe 3, they dessapear after 1 or 2 seconds and I have to write it again
  • It appears an white bar above the browser that is REALLYYY ANNOYING cuz I can't see in which tab I'm or see the letters on there, and blink every few seconds :tap:
    xV1rAtp.png
  • Don't appear the circle in the tab that show us the page is loading, with the past versions this only could happen only when we haven't internet
  • Already crashed like 2 times after a few hours that I've installed it
  • When I click in some places on a website it opens a new tab with this link(hppnd to me LOT OF TIMES):https://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif
  • The data usage meter bar under maxthon is one of the things that makes maxthon useful for me (Download speed, ip adress etc), and now they are done :(
  • The recorded passwords from all the websites has dissapeared

And an extra: I have an monitor with 15"  as I only use maxthon I have this problem since years ago: I need to reduce the browser size to 80% because It looks too big in ALL the websites

My system:

• Windows 7 64 bits
  • 8gb ram
  • 1gb video AMD r7250
  • Intel Core2Quad Q9550
  • 2 Mb/s download speed

Lost some quoted material from my first attempt to post this, but it should be followable without the references (I hope).

@IntoTheRain:  This may not be very helpful, but I noticed when upgrading Maxthon on Windows 10, my proxy settings got left by the wayside.  I'm assuming you've checked mx://options/ » Proxy already, but in case anyone hasn't, but sure to double-check that those settings are what you expect them to be.  (I don't know how common this issue is.  I noticed it on my Windows 10 machines but not on Windows 7 or Windows Vista, so I thought it might have been my imagination or something I'd done and forgotten about.)

Unlike others, all my custom Quicksearches were retained and work O.K. for me from the search bar.  For example, I can type /amazon Grant Morrison to seach for Grant Morrison titles on Amazon.com.  (The /amazon is my Quicksearch alias.)  After typing the alias and a space, the icon and name of the search engine I'm about to invoke is shown to the left, and the rest of my search string appears as I would normally type it.  (In effect, after typing the Quicksearch alias and a space, the address bar becomes the search bar.)

Mind you, this is still a moderate inconvenience for me, as I had my Tab Bar settings configured to open a new tab from the search bar but not from the address bar.  This meant I could reuse the address to type URLs but open searches in a new tab.  Now I'll have to choose one or the other option. :(

I've noticed the same persistence of pages on tabs, too — especially if I have more than eight or ten tabs open at once.  And the sluggishness of the cursor/mouse pointer to update that others have noted, as well.

Exit popups also seem to cause trouble with Super Drag&Drop.  We have one on our work admin site that was previously popping into a new tab when I'd close the tab containing the parent page.  Now, whenever I drag a link from the parent page to a open a new tab, Maxthon thinks I've left the site and takes over the original tab to display the exit popup.

I can't scrape enough code from the page to see the script that's driving the popup (maybe it's a popunder?; maybe some ASP magic?), so I can't share it to test.  Anyone had similar experiences?  @Kaiyo?  @joemax?

Regarding Favorites Manager:  It's painfully slow to update to reflect changes in Favorites or ordering.  When I first updated (and when I first synced on a clean install), it took several minutes to load the Favorites Sidebar and Favorites Manager for first use.  Things haven't been as bad on subsequent use, but it's hardly as snappy as in previous versions.

Favorites sorting isn't working at all in the sidebar.

Also, Diigo's bookmarklets aren't working.

And maybe it's just me, but arrow-key navigation in the form field I'm posting from right now (in this thread) is barely functional.  (Up and down, home and end work; but the right and left arrows don't.  Addendum:  I lost that first attempt at posting entirely, and arrow-navigation is working just fine now.  Maybe something was misloaded in the previous tab.

15 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

The video is working fine...Tested with portable version

video44.png

Well it shows black screen for me (including here).

So maybe the issue is related to graphics card or something specific?
(Maybe portable uses software only?)
As you have seen before, I'm not the only one with this issue

Also:
I tried to add images for the screenshot, the files were uploaded but then I got this error message:
" There was a problem processing the uploaded file. 6 "

Edit:
I tested the portable version as well - exactly the same issue, except I get a white screen instead of black screen.

TOTAL DISASTER...

quick tabs doesn't works (updating thumbnails to eternity...)

quick tabs page refreshing to eternity

passport access not responding, telling "your account blocked"

clear install - no good

uninstall and roll back to older version cause page forum becomes "read only"

WHISKY-TANGO-FOXTROT???

8 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

I use SOCKS5 proxy and everything is working fine.

What happens when you try to connect? 

Whenever I try to connect, I get error 120 (net::ERR_SOCKS_CONNECTION_FAILED). I made a screen of my settings: http://i.imgur.com/O6oLK28.png 

Open SOCKS5 proxies work for me, but proxies with username/password required aren't.

4 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

Lost some quoted material from my first attempt to post this, but it should be followable without the references (I hope).

@IntoTheRain:  This may not be very helpful, but I noticed when upgrading Maxthon on Windows 10, my proxy settings got left by the wayside.  I'm assuming you've checked mx://options/ » Proxy already, but in case anyone hasn't, but sure to double-check that those settings are what you expect them to be.  (I don't know how common this issue is.  I noticed it on my Windows 10 machines but not on Windows 7 or Windows Vista, so I thought it might have been my imagination or something I'd done and forgotten about.)

I checked all the settings and they are fine, but thanks for trying to help :)

22 minutes ago, SimoFLC said:

here also, and last pass doesn' t work, also i can't log in, with clean install.

so i did upgrade from old one,login, without problem, but video e last pass, doesn't work

That's what I discovered as the first, and what made me sad;) and Magic Fills doesn't work, too.  If that would at least work, then it would be all right.

4 hours ago, joemax said:

Please describe your definition of a clean install.

CLEAN INSTALL = uninstall+registry cleaning+handly searching/deleting any "maxthon" frags.

1. No passport picture, pressing account button causes message "account blocked"

2. Quick tabs page trying to refresh thumbnails - continuously and without result, just blinking page.

3 After uninstall and back to 4.4.8.1000 I can't post in forum, can't attach screenshots and at last I lost my old account (can't sign in); multiple email notifications to restore password doesn't results. Now I try to post in IE...

6 minutes ago, dezinto said:

CLEAN INSTALL = uninstall+registry cleaning+handly searching/deleting any "maxthon" frags.

1. No passport picture, pressing account button causes message "account blocked"

2. Quick tabs page trying to refresh thumbnails - continuously and without result, just blinking page.

3 After uninstall and back to 4.4.8.1000 I can't post in forum, can't attach screenshots and at last I lost my old account (can't sign in); multiple email notifications to restore password doesn't results. Now I try to post in IE...

And what if one uses as http://www.chip.de/downloads/Revo-Uninstaller_27291156.html ,  it's also "clean uninstall", because you can also delete the Regs. And if you have the browser installed new log you look back on an MX-Passport.

1. Quick Access does not load site http://bash.im/ I mean no picture appears

2. Facebook apps (like Angry Birds Pop) do not work if we have zoom different from 100% (at least on 4k display)

3. Several times on load he "newtab" page reloaded itself several times and crashed

4. A few times Maxthon did not close from tray, but instead reloaded newtab, but when clicking "Close" for second time - works fine.

On 12/19/2015, 7:14:21, joemax said:

Pressing F1 opens yahoo.com and typing immediately everything I've typed is entered into the yahoo search box without any loss of characters. 

I tried in the 4.9.0.2400 beta and it still does it, but mostly only the first character gets removed instead of 2-4 characters in the address bar because the page loads faster now. I have quick access as my homepage.

On 21/12/2015 03:42:16, BugSir007 said:

I just positioned task bar on the left of the screen, but when i  restart Mx, Mx window is not shifted at all. Tried both maximized and restored size.

Same odd behavior on a fresh Win 10 install and fresh Mx 5 Béta install.

Tested with taskbar at bottom, no shift. Reset taskbar on left: shift reappears when restard in restored size. :(

On Thu Dec 17 2015 14:37:35 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard, Chantao said:

bookmarks: I have now done it with a detour: First install the "old" Maxthon, imported favorites, and then the new beta it. Add With the "Ctrl + D" works so. We'll see if works export. And then whether Facebook Flash the matter now works.

i have a flash issue too.

problems are on all sites, this is already in the older versions.

get a error need: flash 9.0/above or 11.0/ above

-----------

will try a clean install later
-------------------

tried clean install but it failed.

(still have a V4.4............. installed though)

flash broken.png

flash gamed dont work either.

if i switch the browser core to retro. the pages crashes. (every page using flash format video/games)

while otehr sites wich dont have flash format on the page dont crash

odly enough on a different site using a other flash format the flash vids do work

i am using the latest flash video player, and flash-plugins.

even tried clean install flash did not work

36 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

@ Shiganami. Go to Maxthon/Core and ensure Webkit Folder is deleted. There should be a Blink and a Trident Folder. Download this file and put it in Maxthon/core/Blink/Plugins.

pepflashplayer.dll

@ Magdelene  Did you rename NPSWFxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dll?  It does work, which makes me wonder if Adobe just puts the same code up under two different names?  Or is Maxthon just adept at accomodating whichever code it encounters?

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

It's the latest Pepper Flash (PPAPI) I downloaded from here 

ttps://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

I install it in C/Windows/sysWOW64/ Macromed/Flash. It installs as pepflashplayer32xxxxxxxxxxxxx.dll. I copy this and just rename it pepflashplayer.dll

OK, my pepflashplayer beta channel hasn't gone beyond 255 yet.  I didn't know 267 was out for pepflashplayer.  But it's not surprising ... I do have NPSWF at 267.

<<SL>>

2 minutes ago, shiganami said:

tried that.

its still not working???

i deleted the file that was in the mx core folder.

now im testing what renaming does.

Try to check these options marked on my screenshot.

Bez tytułu.png

Archived