V4.9.0.2200 Beta - the first Errors

Chantao

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ddn2003 said:

Small bug, when I set the auto refresh frequency, it is not remembered. It also defaults back to 60 seconds, instead of remembering the 300 seconds I set the frequency to.

Hi,

Here i just set refresh frequency to 300s and it seems to be remembered. Any operation steps to reproduce the issue?

4 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Can't change background image to one of your choice in Portable version. Can only use one of the supplied images.

No "external Tools" icon on Tool Bar (either version).

Hi,

Here it is possible to change my browser background image to my favorite image....i tired with portable version.

I don't seem to find External Tools Icon either...It has been temporarily removed, Sorry!

29 minutes ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Here i just set refresh frequency to 300s and it seems to be remembered. Any operation steps to reproduce the issue?

I right click on a tab, choose Auto Refresh and select Set Frequency and set it to 300 seconds. If I close Maxthon and re-open it, the default is back to 60 seconds.

1 hour ago, joemax said:

How does the search from the address bar not work? There is no issue with setting default search to work from address bar.

aaa.png

You need to choose your default search engine from the settings then search on the Address Bar instead of switching search engines from the Search Bar. I have different search engines for different purposes and I make use of each of them. It would take longer to search from other search engines if the search bar is gone.

19 minutes ago, DARKSTORM said:

You need to choose your default search engine from the settings then search on the Address Bar instead of switching search engines from the Search Bar. I have different search engines for different purposes and I make use of each of them. It would take longer to search from other search engines if the search bar is gone.

No you don't, simply type your query and switch from drop down menu.

Edit Since you use your own search engines perhaps you should look into Maxthon multi search, it is a very versatile tool.

Clipboard04.jpgClipboard05.jpg

Clipboard06.jpgClipboard07.jpg

Seeing is as this a major jump in versions with lots of behind the scenes changes, it would be highly recommended that users do a clean install and restore data from the cloud if using a passport account, or reconfigure data if not.

As always keep a backup of your install to ensure you have something to go back to in case of issues.

Not sure if this is the proper topic to put this in, it's more of a question or a concern and not a bug. If development over many many months took place to create a version of Maxthon based around the Chrome 39 Browser Core, how often will browser core updates come? As in will this be the normal process of having to progress to a newer browser core version? I believe the latest stable chrome browser core version is 47, as per chrome's release archives. That is worrying in the thought of, if maxthon is meant to and hoping to compete with Chrome, yet will always lag behind chrome because it is Dependant upon the development of chrome's web-core and the development of a New Generation of Maxthon based around that web-core version; Maxthon will always trail behind chrome simply put? Browsercore wise at least. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding or misconstruing this.

24 minutes ago, Zach Staugaitis said:

Not sure if this is the proper topic to put this in, it's more of a question or a concern and not a bug. If development over many many months took place to create a version of Maxthon based around the Chrome 39 Browser Core, how often will browser core updates come? As in will this be the normal process of having to progress to a newer browser core version? I believe the latest stable chrome browser core version is 47, as per chrome's release archives. That is worrying in the thought of, if maxthon is meant to and hoping to compete with Chrome, yet will always lag behind chrome because it is Dependant upon the development of chrome's web-core and the development of a New Generation of Maxthon based around that web-core version; Maxthon will always trail behind chrome simply put? Browsercore wise at least. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding or misconstruing this.

According to the devs this new version of Maxthon is supposed to lead to "easy" replacement of the core, at least that is my understanding. So yeah, it should lead to rapid updating of cores.

29 minutes ago, Zach Staugaitis said:

Hi,

Thanks for your interesting question.

From now on, Mx4.9 core updates will come 2~3 times per year. 

However, Mx5.0 will be released with Chrome47 browser core. Our developers are working on Mx5.0 and it will be released soon.The lag behind Chrome is inevitable but will do our best to fast update browser core.

3 minutes ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your interesting question.

From now on, Mx4.9 core updates will come 2~3 times per year. 

However, Mx5.0 will be released with Chrome47 browser core. Our developers are working on Mx5.0 and it will be released soon.The lag behind Chrome is inevitable but will do our best to fast update browser core.

I just "Liked" your post but now realize that if 4.9 will get updates 2 or 3 times per year I have to assume that a number more updates are planned, we are going to be using 4.9 for another year at least?

Somehow the promise of M5  being released soon is the same as was promised more than 6 months ago....

3 minutes ago, -ody- said:

all my search aliases are gone... :( 

this is a good enough reason to go back to a previous version, I really need them

I also miss external tools and meters on status bar

Hmm, ddo3 is complaining of the same thing and yet I wasn't able to reproduce with the few quick searches I tried...

10 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Hmm, ddo3 is complaining of the same thing and yet I wasn't able to reproduce with the few quick searches I tried...

I would like to send a screen capture (aliases are there, but they don't work).. but the snap tool does no longer work :(

I have to go back to the previous version, this one is quite unusuable the way I need it..

sigmax2.png

27 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I would like to send a screen capture (aliases are there, but they don't work).. but the snap tool does no longer work :(

I have to go back to the previous version, this one is quite unusuable the way I need it..

Snap works fine for me on .2300

32 minutes ago, PHYR said:

I just "Liked" your post but now realize that if 4.9 will get updates 2 or 3 times per year I have to assume that a number more updates are planned, we are going to be using 4.9 for another year at least?

Somehow the promise of M5  being released soon is the same as was promised more than 6 months ago....

Thanks for asking.

I just liked your post too :)

Actually, after the release of Mx5.0, the development of Mx4.9 will not be stopped immediately. We will work on Mx4.9 and Mx5.0 at the same time. And a few versions of Mx4.9 with upgraded cores will be released before its development stops.

Thanks.

In the new version I have a problem with blurry fonts. Perhaps this is due to known and never repaired by Microsoft concern KB 2670838 and my computer configuration. (Win7, amd processor 965, 9600GT graphics card).

Therefore, after the collapse of the old Opera browser I was using Maxthon, which so far the problem of fuzzy fonts not affected. The problem occurs in Chrome, Vivaldi and now unfortunately in beta Maxthon.

Have made video of maxthon 4.9 facebook video error . does the same for twitter and all GIF files. notice that when attempting full screen mode the page goes to full screen not the video.

my system 

Machine name: MIKEV-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
       System Model: MS-7917
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/23/14 12:51:56 Ver: V1.9B0
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
             Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32716MB RAM
          Page File: 3736MB used, 61693MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

My_Movie.mp4

On Fri Dec 18 2015 12:11:00 GMT+0800 (China Standard, joemax said:

No you don't, simply type your query and switch from drop down menu.

Thanks for the help. I tried this after installing the latest version before but I didn't see the drop down menu, tried in the previous version(4.4.8.1000) and the drop down menu appears. Maybe the drop down menu appears a little longer than the previous version. Anyway, I'll stick to the 4.4.8.1000 until a new update is posted.

My Win7 Start bar is on the left (instead of default bottom position) ; when I restart Mx, the Mx windows is shifted left by, approximatively, the size of the Win7 start bar.

This odd behavior is new new beta version, it's working fine on Mx 4 & Nitro.

Same bahavior on a freshly Win 10 Pro Install

Drag and drop to open link in new tab is buggy, half the time it doesnt work, have to try it over and over before the link actually gets dragged. And once 1 link works the mouse cursor stays as the pointer cursor on links instead of the finger, have to click on an empty area before it becomes a finger cursor. 

35 minutes ago, Kaiyo said:

Drag and drop to open link in new tab is buggy, half the time it doesnt work, have to try it over and over before the link actually gets dragged. And once 1 link works the mouse cursor stays as the pointer cursor on links instead of the finger, have to click on an empty area before it becomes a finger cursor. 

Can't confirm with version 4.9.0.2300, so it looks like it will be fixed with next version.

Clipboard01.jpg

2 hours ago, joemax said:

Can't confirm with version 4.9.0.2300, so it looks like it will be fixed with next version.

Clipboard01.jpg

That;s good to hear.

Also this beta finally fixed the right mouse + scroll wheel to change tab gesture bug. Where it will make mouse gesture from cursor position A to cursor position pointer B (which created back or forward gestures) when you moved the mouse that affected me since around Mx4 first beta release...

joemax on ver. 4.9.0.2300, can you check if you open new tab, F1, and quickly type something does the first few letter disappear? 

11 minutes ago, joemax said:

Pressing F1 opens yahoo.com and typing immediately everything I've typed is entered into the yahoo search box without any loss of characters. 

Yahoo search box as in the Maxthon url box? Can you try setting homepage as new tab page, and try again? Because when I open new tab and type (before the tab fully loads) the first ~2 letter gets removed. 

Archived