Cannot view google main page

Chris_MX

I can view other pages of google like sce, mail etc but not the main page or even change the search engine in address bar from google cse to just google.

The results are always the same page as seen below in screenshots.

Screenshot 1

thats what i get if i visit google page

Screenshot 2

thats the code being over the page. The highlighted one is the frame over main page and bellow a few lines is the center box.

any tips on how to fix this ?

im using windows portable v4.4.8.1000. 

11 hours ago, Chris_MX said:

Hello again,

Sir, i did disable the search extension and changed all search options to google but it didn't work.

I searched google after doing all these changes in the maxthon main page search and the results are as seen in the below screenshot.

Screenshot 3

What happens if you visit google when your Maxthon account is not logged in?

If you are using any special extensions, you may disable them and try to visit google again.

Fixed.

Thanks 7twenty,

This was clean portable version and for me visiting google was the first time and i would never had imagine that it was cookies. yes cookies.

So im not sure what caused it on first time. anyway

Please on next update, make it possible to have selectable options on what to bring over from other browsers.

They might be infected whith annoying things which you dont want them to bring over to maxthon and later have these ppl complaining to you about it, like me ^^

Thanks you.

4 hours ago, Chris_MX said:

Fixed.

Thanks 7twenty,

This was clean portable version and for me visiting google was the first time and i would never had imagine that it was cookies. yes cookies.

So im not sure what caus

Good to see you got it fixed. :)

Not sure about the cookies thing though?! I'm pretty sure cookies don't get imported from other browsers.

Yes, i know that, i didn't say it very clearly and sounded wrong from me.

Let me just make it clear and you can close this topic - tag it as resolved.

I just used the opportunity since you were listening to me to sort of complain about the fact that i am forced to import things like typed urls and others when i didnt wont it in the first place ^^ and thats why i said that about selectable options.

As for the cookies,

I also know that they were not imported from favorites because i know (and im 100% sure about it) that IE cookies were already being used as shared cookies.from the start.

If you think im wrong about this then you can try deleting yours as well (but not from Maxthon, delete your IE cookies) and see that it will delete them from both browsers.

And final, i also believe that this has to change as well and move the maxthon browser to a stand alone version instead of an IE share based client.

Maxthon has already been acknowledged as a very fast and reliable browser,

the only thing that is keeping it out of the very top browsers imho is that its still based on the IE core.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Chris_MX said:

And final, i also believe that this has to change as well and move the maxthon browser to a stand alone version instead of an IE share based client.

the only thing that is keeping it out of the very top browsers imho is that its still based on the IE core.

Thank you.

FYI- Maxthon isn't based on IE!

Mx is builded on own version of Blink https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_(web_engine).

4 hours ago, Chris_MX said:

Thank you.

Retro more uses the IE core making Maxthon very backward compatible, older sites which have problems displaying correctly with blink usually display correctly in retro mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been evaluating W10 and until recently Maxthon has been working fine. Now, when I use google.co.uk, the search results are greyed out and a large, white square blocks out most of the page. This white square contains a rotating circle, implying that some kind of pop-up is working, but it never completes and I can never access the search results. The only get-out is to close the page. I've tried adding the url to Adblock's White List, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Snap 2015-12-11 at 13.04.44.png

40 minutes ago, 14708077 said:

I have windows 7 and maxthon 4.4.8.1000. Today does not open google. Shows a square with a circle that runs in front of the home page. Why?

Try to clear your cookies and next time use Search on forum.

There is already the same thread http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18066-cannot-view-google-main-page/#comment-93774

Archived