TechCrunch readability problem

Julian2

2 hours ago, Julian2 said:

The issue is visible in the image.

I cannot even report the URL, cuz the button is hidden behind the overlay at the top.

4.4.7.3000, win7

mxtc.png

What am I missing?  I don't have a readability problem even with compromized eyesight.  Is it the overlay?  I looks like you have about the vertical thumbs' length to scroll up.

I also accessed the Techcrunch web site and found no problem reading any of the articles I tried off their home page.  And I do see that the overlay is not actually an overlay.  It's just the header of the page, or it was for me.  In your shot is is not.  But for my visit the header just scrolled with the text.

I am also on Win 7 and running Maxthon 4.9's most recent test version.

You might want to try the current FINAL version, 4.4.8.1000 from here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17794-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4481000-officially-released/&do=findComment&comment=92521

I'm puzzled??  But maybe updating to the current version will solve your problem.

<<SL>>

Yeah, it's the header. 

It shouldn't be displayed when in reader mode (no other browser does). So something there is getting missed for some reason. And because of that you can't back out to the page using the X button, so the only option is to close the tab.

Using 4.4.8.1000

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Yeah, it's the header. 

It shouldn't be displayed when in reader mode (no other browser does). So something there is getting missed for some reason. And because of that you can't back out to the page using the X button, so the only option is to close the tab.

Using 4.4.8.1000

You can close reader mode from the popup menu at the bottom or by clicking the reader mode button a second time.

The overlay also covers the "Report" button at the upper right used to report display errors.

*I was using 4.9 to test

3 hours ago, joemax said:

You can close reader mode from the popup menu at the bottom or by clicking the reader mode button a second time

Ah, yes. That always slips my mind.

The header actually shrinks as it does normally when scrolling down, so I was able to send a report using the button. But it's still an issue.

Archived