Site Forced Into Retro Mode

Secret-HQ

At some point in the last day or two, I've visited Enterprise.com and switched the browser core to Retro Mode.  Since doing this, I've been unable to visit the site in Ultra Mode.  Visiting the main URL (enterprise.com or www.enterprise.com) switches Maxthon automatically into Retro Mode, and the site redirects me to a legacy version of itself.

I've tried going to settings » Advanced » Browsing and checking the option "Always use Ultra Mode (Some websites might be displayed incorrectly)" — but I still get switched to Retro Mode and redirected to the legacy site, despite having that setting enabled.  (I've tried after closing and restarting Maxthon, too.)

Click here for a video of the bug in action.

Is there any way to view/clear the list of sites Maxthon has learned to use Retro Mode for?

5 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

Is there any way to view/clear the list of sites Maxthon has learned to use Retro Mode for?

C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\yourmail\CmpUrl > delete cmpurl

Edit: When opened from last visited pages the legacy site opened. You may want to avoid that.

On Mon Nov 23 2015 21:27:27 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard, 7twenty said:

Same happened here, but managed to get it working by changing mode quickly after loading the page.

I must not be quick enough on the click.  ;)

Thanks, everyone, for trying it out yourselves.  Curious that Qik5l and Ody were able to switch back to Ultra Mode with no problems.

20 hours ago, PHYR said:

C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\yourmail\CmpUrl > delete cmpurl

Edit: When opened from last visited pages the legacy site opened. You may want to avoid that.

Thanks, PHYR!  (I'm guessing the legacy site, which has its own URL, is the one that got remembered for the Last Visited Pages list.)

Is there any other data in CmpUrl.dat I might lose?  (I backed it up before deleting, just in case.)

Archived