New to Maxthon

WendyJ

Hey all, I am new to this browser. I have an issue and not sure hot to fix it. When I am on a tab, and just want to go home on that current tab how do I do that? Right now when I hit go home, it opens 3 new tabs  to where I want to go. do not want that. Please help. Thank you

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to Maxthon.

I don't know if i get you well, is that when you hit homepage button the browser open 3 new tabs?

Opening three new tabs is strange, but opening Homepage in new tab is normal.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Maxthon http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/17794-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4481000-officially-released/. The problem of opening three tabs shouldn't happen in this version.

Unfortunately for all the good things Maxthon does do, it also doesn't do a few, at times very simple, things. Allowing the homepage to open in the current page is one of them.

Whenever you open your homepage/s it will always open a new tab.

As for more than one tab opening, check the Settings > General > Homepage section and ensure that there is only one page listed there. If there is more than one, then that is why more than one is opening. If there isn't, can you advise what the sites that open are, and if they're ones known to you or seem to be random/new ones?

Archived