4.4.8.1000 rendering problem on cbs.com home page

I have encountered a rendering problem on the home page or www.cbs.com.  Most links and the search box in the page header are disabled or don't display at all.  See this image:

564318a9d7a22_CBS_TV_Network_Primetime_D

The blank spaces next to "CBS" and above the search box are supposed to display links.  They are not there.  In Chrome they do display.  Also the search box is disabled; nothing can be entered as it will not acquire focus.

I have disabled ABP; disabled ALL extensions; switched to Retro mode with and without standard rendering; logged out of Passport; and ran from a clean install of the portable version;.  None of these worked around the problem.

<<SL>>

Working fine here? Odd that it's doing it even in all the testing scenarios?

Looks like something hasn't loaded completely. Not using some proxy or other connection related software?

works fine in retro mode, but in ultra : same issue as Snowleopard, and I hear my hdd continuously running

sigmax2.png

Are you guys using custom UA's?

This is mine:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/4.4.8.1000 Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36

I think it's slightly modified from default.

I use the default UA, but same issue with yours.. looks like it's not related to UA

sigmax2.png

Stopped working for me here as well. Only thing that happened is that I restarted Maxthon.

Also tested on 4.9 (portable) in a VM, and older versions. Same problem.

ABP on/off - same
Different UA's - same

This is very weird?

I have scaned the page source and found the following likely items that are failing:

<div id="ui-user-bar">
                    <div>
    <ul id="user-bar-wrapper">

[deletion]

<div id="ui-header-bar">
        <h1 id="ui-logo"><a href="/" title="CBS.com" alt="CBS.com">CBS</a></h1>

<div id="ui-menu-wrapper">

[deletion]

<div id="ui-search-wrapper">
            <form id="cbs-form-site-search" name="cbssitesearch" action="/sitesearch/results/" method="get">
                <div class="ui-search-box">
                    <input id="ui-site-search-box" autocomplete="off" type="text" size="20" name="q" value="Search CBS" onkeyup="CBS.Search.AutoComplete(this.value);" onfocus="this.value='';" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Search CBS';}"/>
                </div>

I don't know if these are the precise places where rendering is failing, but they seem likely from what I see.  The logo dies display, but the menu items in the ui_header_bar do not display, the ui_search_box will not accept entries, and the contents of the ui_user_wrapper do not display.

As noted ABP on or off makes no difference in this case.

<<SL>>

Was looking at the same. Doesn't make sense that it was working then doesn't. Unless it's just one of those things where the site has been updated and just doesn't work with older blink versions.

That's the only reason I can come to given it was working fine for me just yesterday... but 4.9 is on v39, so that's still odd.

Or MX has had a stealth update that's causing the problem?

Was looking at the same. Doesn't make sense that it was working then doesn't. Unless it's just one of those things where the site has been updated and just doesn't work with older blink versions.

That's the only reason I can come to given it was working fine for me just yesterday... but 4.9 is on v39, so that's still odd.

Or MX has had a stealth update that's causing the problem?

It's not working for me on 4.9 either, never has been even while it still worked 4.4.8.1000.

<<SL>>

• 1 month later...

38 minutes ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi Guys,

Do you still experience this problem in lastly released version, Mx4.9 ...?

AB+(default) screws it up completely in 4.9.0.2600, works fine with AB+ disabled, search bar shows as do the links at the top of the page.

Archived