Auto Refresh

Hap

Hi all. I generally like this browser; does not crash or go as slowly as others. But I notice sometimes it will automatically refresh a page without me doing anything. I cannot find in the settings where this feature may exist and how to stop it. Please help, I use this for an interactive online chat group between commodity traders and it's really becoming annoying... Thanks. 

Hi all. I generally like this browser; does not crash or go as slowly as others. But I notice sometimes it will automatically refresh a page without me doing anything. I cannot find in the settings where this feature may exist and how to stop it. Please help, I use this for an interactive online chat group between commodity traders and it's really becoming annoying... Thanks. 

usually when it happens it's caused by a silent crash. Does it happens when you visit a particular site ? and can you please give us a link ?

sometimes it's due to a specific rule in adblock so try to disable it for this site and see if it helps. 

you may find some help here (non specific to tis issue) : http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/13264-maxthon-troubleshooting-tips-and-tricks/

sigmax2.png

• 1 month later...
On Tue Nov 03 2015 15:54:46 GMT+0100 (Środkowoeuropejski czas, Hap said:

4 hours ago, Zurobara said:

I have the same problem. To me an entire window (with all tabs) are refreshing suddenly.

These problem with auto refresh are caused by some kind of bug in ABP.
You can easily check this- disable ABP in your extension manager and there will be no more auto refresh on web pages.
We will be trying to report this issue to ABP dev team and I hope that they can fix this ASAP.
So you have to wait for now and be patience.
Thank you for understanding.

16 hours ago, Zurobara said:

That's  a real solution for refreshing?

this will delete your userdata and force maxthon to retrieve them from cloud. 

Not sure how it can help, maybe if there's some corrupted file in your userdata. Be aware that If you don't have a passport, you will lose all your settings.

sigmax2.png

16 hours ago, -ody- said:

this will delete your userdata and force maxthon to retrieve them from cloud. 

Not sure how it can help, maybe if there's some corrupted file in your userdata. Be aware that If you don't have a passport, you will lose all your settings.

You will still have a copy in the renamed folder, so it's not lose everything situation.

As you say, the idea is that it will update all the userdata from the cloud (or go back to default if not using passport) hopefully correcting any corrupt data that might cause the issues.

What's weird is that this is an issue that was resolved long ago, and for me isn't something that I recall seeing for a long time. Even users posting about this is dropped to be very rare.

@Hap did you try the troubleshooting thread as linked in the 2nd post?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Zurobara said:

Hey, those who are having trouble with autorefreshing somehow you have installed ESET-antivirus?

I had a bug on Firefox (that's why I switched to Maxthon) and proved that there wasn't in fact a bug, it was a bad interaction between Firefox and ESET.

Now I switch to a new antivirus and It seems no autorefreshing on Maxthon..I don't know exactely If for Mathon the AV is the autorefreshing cause beacuse I've updated to 4.9.0.3000 almost simultaneous with switching to  the new AV, but If you have this issue with autorefreshing worth trying with ESET completely disabled (that is done only from booting Windows in safe mode)

AV has nothing to do with this issue ( I'm using Norton Security and also have this problems- so?).
As I mentioned many, many times - these auto refreshes are caused by some bug in ABP.
Try to disable ABP completely in Maxthon and then  all problems with auto refresh are gone.

Archived