Autoupdate Adblock subscriptions - is it works?

Question from russian speaking user with MX 4.4.7.3000 (portable):

Does Adblock MUST update subscriptions automatically or not?

When it needed to be done and how often? I use "RuAdList+EasyList", it updates fairly often - but not in MX Adblock: I updated it manually about one month ago and from that time it is still the same - while this subscription on Adblock server updates almost every day.

I tried to do next: 1) opened patterns.ini for "RuAdlist+EasyList" and made the version lower (version=) and date of update too (lastDownload=), 2) then changed the time on PC one month ahead, 3) then start MX - but subscription wasn't update.

Please fix this problem - or at least add the possibility to update Adblock subscription automatically with every MX start.

When it needed to be done and how often? I use "RuAdList+EasyList", it updates fairly often - but not in MX Adblock: I updated it manually about one month ago and from that time it is still the same - while this subscription on Adblock server updates almost every day.

I tried to do next: 1) opened patterns.ini for "RuAdlist+EasyList" and made the version lower (version=) and date of update too (lastDownload=), 2) then changed the time on PC one month ahead, 3) then start MX - but subscription wasn't update.

Please fix this problem - or at least add the possibility to update Adblock subscription automatically with every MX start.

For me filters update automatically  as far I remember.

Maybe there is something wrong with this portable version?

normally filters are automatically updated and the update frequency depends on Filter rules own Settings. Generally, filter rules are updated once in 4-5 days.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question from same user: you said

On 3 ноября 2015 г., 4:32:47, BugSir007 said:

update frequency depends on Filter rules own Settings. Generally, filter rules are updated once in 4-5 days.

but what you mean "generally"?

Because https://raw.github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/master/anti-adblock-killer-filters.txt updates every day, how it specified in filter rules, but

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/ruadlist+easylist.txt updates every 8 days, whan specified 4 days. So question is - why 8, not 4 days?

When on server it updates every day.

Archived