forum notifications

PHYR

The forum is having a tough time with notifications because of the time switch, its resending reply messages of an hour ago. Luckily only ody is creating posts.

Edit: Up to 5 of odys posts were created.

Clipboard02.jpg

odd ! on your screen capture I can see my post is 1 hour old, here it's only 26 minutes old, and it was not duplicated when I checked... :huh: spatiotemporal rift ? 26.thumb.png.17ff3e7f11e24b4f190c1e8d50c

sigmax2.png

odd ! on your screen capture I can see my post is 1 hour old, here it's only 26 minutes old, and it was not duplicated when I checked... :huh: spatiotemporal rift ? 

Yes, the last post was one hour old but the previous ones were 2 hours old(same post).  I say we call Doc Brown  and Marty McFly. :)

It's only happening in the other thread, check the time in image.

Edit: It's happening in your FB spell check thread too.

It's not happening in threads that were posted before the time change or one hour hence.

Edit 2. Doc Brown told me to stay off those 2 threads :) (It's still happening)

Clipboard05.jpgClipboard06.jpg

It's only happening in the other thread, check the time in image.

Edit: It's happening in your FB spell check thread too.

It's not happening in threads that were posted before the time change or one hour hence.

Edit 2. Doc Brown told me to stay off those 2 threads :) (It's still happening)

Clipboard05.jpgClipboard06.jpg

yes stay away, you may be cursed  :arf:: everything is fine on my side (I just checked those two threads...)

sigmax2.png

Definitely a forum issue, it happens regardless of browser. 

Edit: Thought clearing cookies would help but it didn't. It's going to happen to everyone who visits those threads.

Definitely a forum issue, it happens regardless of browser. 

Edit: Thought clearing cookies would help but it didn't. It's going to happen to everyone who visits those threads.

maybe its sending multiple notifications to those with multiple accounts - AFAIK ody only has the one account so .................

those with multiple hats [3 or more] seem to be the ones having problems :(

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

maybe its sending multiple notifications to those with multiple accounts - AFAIK ody only has the one account so .................

those with multiple hats [3 or more] seem to be the ones having problems :(

Maybe I should get rid of 30 or 40 accounts?

Edit: A helpful post would have stated that you tried those threads and the problem occurred or did not occur. *** forbid...

in the light of a helpful post i dont get any issues - nor did i last weekend when the clocks changed in the UK - i dont flag many posts to my single account for notifications but those that are flagged have not been a problem

like all things here when problems occur it will go away or be ignored 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

"

in the light of a helpful post i dont get any issues - nor did i last weekend when the clocks changed in the UK - i dont flag many posts to my single account for notifications but those that are flagged have not been a problem" Tony

Only 2 posts were created during(or within) the hour the time changed for me. It is with those 2 posts that the issue occurs. Whether it is because I visited the threads during that hour or not, I do not know. So if the threads were not created during the hour of time change in the UK, there would not have been an issue for you.

And it is threads that are created during the one hour time period when people in other time zones change their clocks that I'm concerned about. Hopefully No1 will chime in when he reads this thread as it is my guess this thread will cause problems for him.  

Those notifications are sent through the forum software when posts are updated while you are visiting(at least that is how it should work, problem is the software doesn't know when they were posted). You have to be on the page for 5 to 10 minutes for them to occur.

Archived