Maxthon and Web Outlook (Office 365)

Hi,

Starting from previous week I have troubles when I use Maxthon with Microsoft Web Outlook.

If I type some text mail editor, select it and click "Delete" button on my keyboard, browser deselect the text and leave it with no change. The same behavior, if i select text and start type new one, system leaves original and put new to the begin of orig.

When i have tried to use developer tools to check HTML, I have found that Maxthon instead of replacing text in <p /> tag, adds one additional line. Please refer to screenshots attached.

There is no such problem in Chrome/Firefox.

Please, advise.

1.png

2.png

Tested on outlook.com (not office 365) and no issues that I could find.

What version are you running? The latest release can be found here?

Try changing to Retro mode, or change the user agent and see if that helps.

Could be that MS have changed something that MX doesn't like still being an older blink version.

Dear 7twenty

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I really appreciate it!

I used latest released version - mx4.4.7.3000, but after you suggestion i have updated to latest beta version mx4.4.8.600. The same problem.

If I change user agent, that with Chrome/Safari/Firefox I have the same problem.If i use IE 11, that outlook web site does not work at all.

I have tried the retro mode also, but in this case  outlook web site also does not work properly. You can refer screenshot attached.

Also, please refer to video attached, may be it can help you better understand the problem.

Could I do something else to help you investigate this problem? Whatever you want.

I really like maxthon and i use it for more than 10 years and this is my first big problem, that is really annoying.

Maxthon.mp4

Untitled.png

Hi,

Starting from previous week I have troubles when I use Maxthon with Microsoft Web Outlook.

If I type some text mail editor, select it and click "Delete" button on my keyboard, browser deselect the text and leave it with no change. The same behavior, if i select text and start type new one, system leaves original and put new to the begin of orig.

When i have tried to use developer tools to check HTML, I have found that Maxthon instead of replacing text in <p /> tag, adds one additional line. Please refer to screenshots attached.

There is no such problem in Chrome/Firefox.

Please, advise.

1.png

2.png

Hi, glad to talk to you.

i can confirm the same behaviour here on windows7, with  the latest version v4.4.8.1000, deleting selected text in mail editor does not work properly. 

• 3 months later...

Archived